Question Brand new Legion 5 Pro (i9 13900hx) peaking 100° while gaming and video editing with Intel Turbo Boost ON

May 3, 2024

Hello, I just recently bought brand new Legion Pro 5 16IRX8 - Type 82WK with i9 13900hx + 4060 and I noticed that when I have Intel Turbo Boost enabled with perfomance mode, almost every time I get 100° peaks in heavy tasks. I have good airflow bellow laptop and I'm using mid range cooler.

I was wondering is that normal? It doesn't sit for a long time on 100° but it gets there every single time. Idle temperatures with turbo boost + performance mode are usually around 55-70 while watching youtube and surfing for example.
Is that normal? And will CPU wear out quicker if it reaches 100° peaks every time?

What should I do?

Thanks

@ananaspapaja1
Laptops that run at sky high temperatures is the new normal. If you want less heat and power consumption, use ThrottleStop to decrease the CPU voltage. The default voltage Intel uses is higher than necessary.

Post screenshots of the FIVR and TPL windows if you need help with ThrottleStop.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phaaze88