[SOLVED] Can DDR3 2400MHz RAM able to run on Asus B75M-Plus Motherboard?

WolfMeister98

Honorable
Oct 10, 2016
Hope you all in good and healthy condition.

I just want to ask, Is DDR3 2400MHz RAM would be able to run on Asus B75M-Plus Motherboard?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...716589055473331553ea26c!12000029096097003!sea

I'm planning to buy and use 4 sticks of 8gigs 2400MHz RAM on this motherboard, right now I'm using SK Hynix DDR3 32GB (8GB x 4) 1600 MHz. If I replace the 1600MHz with 2400MHz ram, will it improve the performance?

Current Specs:
Intel E3-1270v2
SK Hynix DDR3 32GB 1600MHz (8GB x 4)
Galax / KFA2 RTX 2060 6GB
Asus B75M-Plus

Thanks a lot!

Solution
Apparently the B75M-Plus supports up to 2200MHz. That's the max speed those 2400MHz modules will work at.

And yes, the performance should improve, the only question is if it will be noticeable. Memory upgrades don't usually give noticeable performance gains, usually a couple FPS in games. In redering is where memory upgrades usually shine brightest and since you're using a Xeon processor, that's more likely to be your usecase. I can tell you that the 150 bucks this upgrade will cost you, isn't going to give you a 150 buck performance increase you're hoping for.
Apparently the B75M-Plus supports up to 2200MHz. That's the max speed those 2400MHz modules will work at.

And yes, the performance should improve, the only question is if it will be noticeable. Memory upgrades don't usually give noticeable performance gains, usually a couple FPS in games. In redering is where memory upgrades usually shine brightest and since you're using a Xeon processor, that's more likely to be your usecase. I can tell you that the 150 bucks this upgrade will cost you, isn't going to give you a 150 buck performance increase you're hoping for.

Reactions: WolfMeister98
Solution

WolfMeister98

Honorable
Oct 10, 2016

I just expecting like more stable, but yeah 150 bucks isnt a good deals. But I did just wanted to keep this PC alive since this PC has accompany me for almost 10 years.

I just expecting like more stable, but yeah 150 bucks isnt a good deals. But I did just wanted to keep this PC alive since this PC has accompany me for almost 10 years.
Then my question would be "What makes you expect to gain more stability from this new RAM kit?" it would mean you're currently noticing stability issues, which doesn't seem to be the case. I think the only time you're going to notice any real difference is in rendertime. And in your wallet, of course. ;)

Since it's an old PC, replacement parts are either dirt cheap or severly overpriced. This is surely overpriced, second hand deals would save you a lot of money. That being said, AliExpress is usually at least slightly overpriced when it comes to computer parts, as the Chinese market is simply more expensive. Plus shipping time could be weeks/months.

Long story short, just forget about it for now. Take care of it when it's time to replace your computer altogether. :)