Question chase fan header to my gpu fan header problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMKAM III

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2015
I am planning to use Chase Fan with my GPU, and surprisingly, I didn't know about the differences between the normal 4-pin header and the 4-pin header on the GPU board.

Actually, when booting, my GPU does not show any display until I connect my GPU fan to my GPU fan header and my mobo lights up the VGA code.

Then I placed the chase fan under the gpu but connected it to the mobo fan header, and I connected the gpu fan to the gpu fan header but kept the gpu fan aside, and my computer booted without any problem.

So the problem is the GPU fan header, I guess in my mind, and I also found the adapter that can fit in the GPU fan header to chase the fan.

Is there any other way to bypass the GPU fan header without buying the adapter?

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

= = = =

Your post raises some questions - at least from my viewpoint.

Starting with:

"I am planning to use Chase Fan with my GPU".

Why? What specific problem or problems are occuring? What is the objective?

Also:

"Then I placed the chase fan under the gpu but connected it to the mobo fan header, and I connected the gpu fan to the gpu fan header but kept the gpu fan aside,"

Again, why? What specific documentation is being used to do all those things?

Two points: 1) you do not know about the differences - which is fair in itself and 2) attempting some bypass without specific reasons for doing so and knowing how that bypass should be established is likely to end badly.

The key is to determine how the 4 pin headers actually map out. In other words pin alignments and voltages.

Pin to pin where all matches: Motherboard, Chase fan, adapter, GPU, etc..

Refer to the documentation and sketch out the connection paths.

Your planning must include a connection schematic that is supported by the documentation.

And even the documentation should be double-checked.

Adapters may physically fit (often listed as "compatible with" ) but in actuality may not match connections and/or voltages.

A misconnection could, at best, simply not work or, at the other extreme, result in sparks, smoke, and damaged components.

Status
Not open for further replies.