Question Computer freezing, help!

Apr 27, 2024
My computer frequently freezes during use. It most often occurs during the loading screen of a game, and especially if I'm doing something else on the other monitor. These games are not ones that require a good computer (just league of legends, tft, and valhiem) If I reboot the computer quickly, it will freeze on startup again and again if I don't let it rest for a good 15 minutes. I've had the computer since like 2014, but many of the parts have been replaced since I first built it with my dad.

Here are the computer specs:
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor 3.85 GHz
Installed RAM: 16,0 GB
System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
Motherboard: B450I GAMING PLUS AC (MS-7A40)
Power supply: Corsair CX500

The chassi is this super small and compact thing with a handle on the top for easier transport LOL, (The thought was that I could bring it to LAN parties and stuff easier, but at this point 10 years later, I think it just contributes to the computer overheating so I've taken out the sides to counteract that a bit)

I'd be really thankful of advice with this since I don't really have the money to just get a new computer... So I would like to fix the problem by switching out only what is needed. Ideally I would like to be able to play a game and do smth else on the other monitor, (like streaming, browsing internet and using discord/spotify) without problems. Also how would you guys advice cleaning the thing? Doing this more might help, since I practically never do it, I tried vacuuming it the other day, don't think it did much though.

Thanks in advance guys!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/p/psu...s-bronze-certified-power-supply-cp-9020047-na
Is this your PSU? If so, might want to source(borrow, not buy) a reliably bult 550W PSU and see if the issue persists.

BIOS version for your motherboard?

The chassi is this super small and compact thing with a handle on the top for easier transport LOL, (The thought was that I could bring it to LAN parties and stuff easier, but at this point 10 years later, I think it just contributes to the computer overheating so I've taken out the sides to counteract that a bit)
Might want to pass on a link to the case, if you're unable to mention it's name.

how would you guys advice cleaning the thing?
Might want to pass on images of your build in that case. Host said images on Imgur and then pass on the links here for us to see.

Reactions: Jolron

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
My computer frequently freezes during use. It most often occurs during the loading screen of a game, and especially if I'm doing something else on the other monitor. These games are not ones that require a good computer (just league of legends, tft, and valhiem) If I reboot the computer quickly, it will freeze on startup again and again if I don't let it rest for a good 15 minutes. I've had the computer since like 2014, but many of the parts have been replaced since I first built it with my dad.

Here are the computer specs:
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor 3.85 GHz
Installed RAM: 16,0 GB
System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
Motherboard: B450I GAMING PLUS AC (MS-7A40)

I'd be really thankful of advice with this since I don't really have the money to just get a new computer... So I would like to fix the problem by switching out only what is needed. Ideally I would like to be able to play a game and do smth else on the other monitor, (like streaming, browsing internet and using discord/spotify) without problems. Also how would you guys advice cleaning the thing? Doing this more might help, since I practically never do it, I tried vacuuming it the other day, don't think it did much though.

Thanks in advance guys!
Observe task manager when running and see what changes when problem occurs.

Reactions: Jolron
Apr 27, 2024

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/p/psu...s-bronze-certified-power-supply-cp-9020047-na
Is this your PSU? If so, might want to source(borrow, not buy) a reliably bult 550W PSU and see if the issue persists.

Might want to pass on a link to the case, if you're unable to mention it's name.

Might want to pass on images of your build in that case. Host said images on Imgur and then pass on the links here for us to see.
View: https://imgur.com/DE2wP2t

Apr 27, 2024

Yup that's the one, BIOS version seems to be A.20, (by using wmic bios get smbiosbiosversion in cmd prompt) I'm not sure what version the motherboard is supposed to have and if that is different from the one i find by checking using cmd.

Last edited:

Dave8671

Distinguished
The bios info access how to
Entering BIOS Setup when system is booting

Press Delete key, when the Press DEL key to enter Setup Menu, F11 to enter Boot
Menu message appears on the screen during the boot process.

The bios version should be displayed in the bios.