Question Computer lags on cold boot ?

ryan08

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Hello all,

I got a new pc build this year in march and i have had a few issues with it.

The build: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/YFxCKX
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard
Asus TUF GAMING OC GeForce RTX 4080 SUPER 16 GB Video Card
G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory

I have this problem where i turn on the computer and once it hits the Windows log in screen its extremely laggy. The mouse stutters across the screen. I can log in but it remains laggy. Once i restart the computer it seems to go away.
Also i have had a few blue screens shortly after startup with the error: Video Scheduler Internal Error
I don't know if these things are related or not.

On another forum i tried i found in my boot and shut down events there are a lot of warnings with an occasional error. When the lag happens i haven't seen an error come up there. A few of these warnings i cant work out what they are related to. Here is the one i got from booting up tonight: View: https://imgur.com/a/nV5XpTY

Another thing which i am not sure if its normal, my 10 year old computer got from power on to into windows faster then this computer even if the new one doesn't run into any of the lag at start up. I feel like this thing should get in way quicker?

The CPU cooler got replaced as the first one starting dropping its RPM and then buzzed.

Other then that it seems to handle everything great! i am just a bit disappointed in spending so much money and running into annoying things like this.

Ive tried/done:
- BIOS updated to the latest version (or close to by now)
- Windows drivers up to date
- GPU drivers up to date
- EXPO Enabled
- Power plan set to High performance
- Windows fast start up turned off
- Hardware accelerated GPU scheduling turned off ( then back on as it didn't seem to prevent issues)

I think that's all i have done at this stage.
If anybody could help me out that would be great!
I am considering formatting the thing and starting from scratch to see if that helps but ill see what advice i get first.

Hello all,

I got a new pc build this year in march and i have had a few issues with it.

The build: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/YFxCKX
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard
Asus TUF GAMING OC GeForce RTX 4080 SUPER 16 GB Video Card
G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory

I have this problem where i turn on the computer and once it hits the windows log in screen its extremely laggy. The mouse stutters across the screen. I can log in but it remains laggy. Once i restart the computer it seems to go away.
Also i have had a few blue screens shortly after startup with the error: Video Scheduler Internal Error
I don't know if these things are related or not.

On another forum i tried i found in my boot and shut down events there are a lot of warnings with an occasional error. When the lag happens i haven't seen an error come up there. A few of these warnings i cant work out what they are related to. Here is the one i got from booting up tonight: View: https://imgur.com/a/nV5XpTY

Another thing which i am not sure if its normal, my 10 year old computer got from power on to into windows faster then this computer even if the new one doesn't run into any of the lag at start up. I feel like this thing should get in way quicker?

The CPU cooler got replaced as the first one starting dropping its RPM and then buzzed.

Other then that it seems to handle everything great! i am just a bit disappointed in spending so much money and running into annoying things like this.

Ive tried/done:
- BIOS updated to the latest version (or close to by now)
- Windows drivers up to date
- GPU drivers up to date
- EXPO Enabled
- Power plan set to High performance
- Windows fast start up turned off
- Hardware accelerated GPU scheduling turned off ( then back on as it didn't seem to prevent issues)

I think that's all i have done at this stage.
If anybody could help me out that would be great!
I am considering formatting the thing and starting from scratch to see if that helps but ill see what advice i get first.
Clean, new Windows installation ?
Did you run some benchmarks during windows in clean boot/performance mode ?

ryan08

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Clean, new Windows installation ?
Did you run some benchmarks during windows in clean boot/performance mode ?
Yup clean install.
I know the place said they ran benchmarks but i haven't myself.
What would you suggest i use to benchmark it? and how do i do clean boot/performance mode?