Question Connection drop randomly throughout the day

Feb 9, 2024
Not really sure if I'm posting in the right place, but I have a problem that I cannot figure out how to fix.

My connection on my computer will drop randomly every 30 minutes to an hour, and I have to manually disconnect the network on my computer and reconnect for it to come back, or wait for it to automatically come back, but it takes a few minutes if I let it automatically reconnect. Only started being a problem the past month or two.

The strange thing is that, for example, if I'm on a call or playing a game, I can still hear people clearly/see other players moving around, they just can't see me moving, and my voice is extremely laggy to the point it is not understandable. Websites don't load either. Maybe it's a issue with sending packets, but I'm not sure.

This only happens on one device, all other devices do not have any problems. I have tried resetting the router, changing IPs, reinstalling Wi-Fi drivers, but nothing seems to fix it. If I can't figure it out I'll probably factory reset, but I want to try any option that people have before that.

Thanks for reading!

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU and disk drives.

= = = =

Look in Reliability History/Monitor and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, or even informational events just before or at the time of the connection drops.

Start with Reliability History/Monitor. Much more end user friendly and the timeline format may prove revealing.

Event Viewer requires more time and effort to navigate and understand.

To help:

How To - How to use Windows 10 Event Viewer | Tom's Hardware Forum (tomshardware.com)