Question CS2 crashes a lot, atleast twice a game

Jobjanusz

Honorable
Feb 22, 2019
Hello everyone!

Since the release of CS2 I experience a lot of game crashes on both pcs I have. But it happens a lot more on my second pc. My main pc stopped crashing for the most part after a while.

The crashing happens when I am playing a 5v5 game for the most part, when I open my web browser (Opera GX) it crashes. So I can't have too many tabs open while playing. It happens regardless if I'm playing on low or high settings. When the crash happens and I have my browser open. The browser gives a message that it doesn't have enough memory and the game gives error codes that are RAM related. I checked to see if my temps and components usages are fine. They seem fine. CPU temps: 50 degrees max, CPU usage: 60-70, sometimes higher like 90 or 100, but that is if I am starting the game or switching server. So not often). RAM: 9/10-15 gb, GPU usage: 70-90, sometimes 100%. GPU temp is around 65-70 degrees. the game crashes more on more intensive maps like Ancient or Inferno. Are my specs not good enough to run CS2? Do I need to buy more RAM or is CS2 just poorly optimised right now?

SPECS:

GPU: RTX 2060
CPU: I5-12400f
RAM: Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200 C16
MOBO: PRIME B660M-A D4
BIOS version: 8.02
CPU cooler: Cooler Master hyper 212 LED (RED)
PSU: Cooler Master MasterWatt 750, 7 years old.
SSD: SanDisk SSD PLUS 240GB
HDD: ST2000DM008-2FR102 2000 GB
Chassis: Sharkoon AI7000 Glass
Monitor: Samsung C24FG7x

I'd love to hear any solutions.

Best regards,

Jobjanusz

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Your specs are incomplete; please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Try and use DDU to remove all GPU drivers from your platform(Intel, AMD and Nvidia) in Safe Mode, then manually reinstall the latest GPU drivers sourced from Nvidia's support site, in an elevated command.

What sort of ram usage do you see when the system is idling?

Jobjanusz

Honorable
Feb 22, 2019
Your specs are incomplete; please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Try and use DDU to remove all GPU drivers from your platform(Intel, AMD and Nvidia) in Safe Mode, then manually reinstall the latest GPU drivers sourced from Nvidia's support site, in an elevated command.

What sort of ram usage do you see when the system is idling?
I don't think all of this matters. But I will list most of it for you.
CPU cooler: Cooler Master hyper 212 LED (RED)
PSU: Cooler Master MasterWatt 750, 7 years old.
Chassis: Sharkoon AI7000 Glass
SSD: SanDisk SSD PLUS 240GB
HDD: ST2000DM008-2FR102 2000 GB
BIOS version: 8.02
Monitor: Samsung C24FG7x

I tried using DDU multiple times , also installing drivers from their official website did not work.

Ram usage while idling: 3,9 out of 15,8 gb. This is with not a single program open.