Question Defective gpu?

May 4, 2024
I built a new PC about 5 months ago, and everything has been working fine until recently. I noticed some graphical bugs that have never happened before. Since the PC is new, I'm skeptical of it being a GPU issue, but I don't know what else could be wrong. I've also noticed that the problem gets worse at higher resolutions. Some help would be appreciated. Thanks

PC build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wx8fL9

Glitch examples: View: https://imgur.com/a/byAN7ZR

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You seem to show the glitches on one title, how many other titles have you taxed the system with? Also, did you install the OS in offline mode while all drivers relevant to your system were manually installed in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?

I doubt that you have a hardware error>

What might have changed since all was well?
Most likely, there has been a game update or a driver update that was not good.

One recourse is to use system restore to go back to a checkpoint when all was OK.

May 4, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You seem to show the glitches on one title, how many other titles have you taxed the system with? Also, did you install the OS in offline mode while all drivers relevant to your system were manually installed in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?

I've also tried starfield but haven't seen anything yet, and I didn't download the OS in offline mode however i did do a cloud reset of windows and redownloaded the drivers in an elevated command but the issue is still there. Also, the current bios is ver 1905.

I doubt that you have a hardware error>

What might have changed since all was well?
Most likely, there has been a game update or a driver update that was not good.

One recourse is to use system restore to go back to a checkpoint when all was OK.

The most recent change was the monitor, which has a 5120 x 1440 resolution. However, I think the issue has always been there, and I just never noticed it. After switching back to my old monitor (3440 x 1440), the issue in the first picture is still present but only noticeable if you look closely. However, the issue in the third picture persists regardless of the monitor.