Question Did I do ok buying the iBuyPower Y60 ?

Rockitman31

Reputable
Aug 16, 2019
I have been out of the loop for a while so not up to speed on all the latest greatest hardware but my current ibuypower has taken a dump and it had at least a bad power supply. I paid 1400 for it 5 years ago and it still plays all the big games with not much fuss but i just don't want to have to deal with it anymore so I dropped 2000 on the latest Y60 system that has:

CPU: i9-14900
GPU: nvidia 4070,
32GB DDR5 RAM
2TB NVMe SSD
Windows 11.

From some reading here i see that iBuyPower has a habit of putting shoddy power supplies in their rigs. If that is the case again with mine, is it something i can easily swap for a quality one?

slightnitpick

Proper
Nov 2, 2023
Once you put in your PSU, any--I repeat--ANY problem that can be remotely associated with that PSU, will perforce be blamed on that PSU, and you will be SOL.
You can always sue, and then they'll have to demonstrate to a judge while under oath why it is the new PSU (or installation thereof) that caused the problem. But no one wants to sue over such a minor issue. If this was a car on the other hand.

Their standard warranty is only 3 years labor and 1 year parts. So after the warranty period it doesn't matter.

35below0

Commendable
Jan 3, 2024
Full specs please?

So far what you have described is about 2000. You could do it for less if you built the PC yourself and tweaked the components a bit, but that's always true, and sometimes the saving in money is offset by an extra cost in grey hairs and stress when things don't work.

If the PSU is crap, you could replace it. Or maybe they can replace it for you?
It's probably not neccessary to do it for another few years though.