Question Do i need to OC VRAM after Undervolting and OC Clock Speed? 6950 XT

P1lgimag3

Reputable
Dec 21, 2020
First time UV-ing here. the whole purpose of this UV is lowering power usage on the GPU.
I just set my voltage to 1100mV and set the max clock speed from 2634MHz to 2454MHz (Factory Boost Clock Spec on MSI gaming trio X), I'm still figuring out what is best on the power slider here. right now its default (0%). If i crank it full right (+12%), is this kind of pointless bcs i reduce the core clock anyway?

Everythings seems fine, core temp drops by 6-9'C. Hot Spot Temp dropping by 20'C. and power draw dropping from 330 -> 200W ish which im very happy at.

I haven't touch on the memory clock (currently downloading 3dmark to see scores.
I just want to know if i need to OC the memory clock as well for the greater good?

First time UV-ing here. the whole purpose of this UV is lowering power usage on the GPU.
I just set my voltage to 1100mV and set the max clock speed from 2634MHz to 2454MHz (Factory Boost Clock Spec on MSI gaming trio X), I'm still figuring out what is best on the power slider here. right now its default (0%). If i crank it full right (+12%), is this kind of pointless bcs i reduce the core clock anyway?

Everythings seems fine, core temp drops by 6-9'C. Hot Spot Temp dropping by 20'C. and power draw dropping from 330 -> 200W ish which im very happy at.

I haven't touch on the memory clock (currently downloading 3dmark to see scores.
I just want to know if i need to OC the memory clock as well for the greater good?
Those are two different things, they OC interdependently.

P1lgimag3

Reputable
Dec 21, 2020
Those are two different things, they OC interdependently.
when limiting the clock speed to factory stock spec, is it wise to boost the memory clock a bit? say like 100-200MHz? idk the correlation between OC/Underclocking with memory clock