Question Error code A2/ B4/ C9 and 130 seconds boot time ?

BryceSpicey

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2014
Just upgraded to 5th Gen, so CPU/MOBO/RAM, along with a 990 EVO, everything has gone smoothly thus far running intensive games and stress tests. I had some various error codes I've kinked out initially (64, C9), but now I have an A2 code (Detect and install all currently connected IDE devices) I can't seem to shake. If I restart my computer, I'll get the A2 code. If I do a full shutdown, I'll get the 64 code (CPU DXE installation). I'm not sure if the code even matters and it's just freezing up at that point in the boot process, or not. I say that because another time I had gotten A0. All codes lead to the same 120-130 second boot time.

I've tried reseating the RAM, running ultra-fast boot, and clearing the CMOS. Those attempts cleared the other error codes I was having but I'm stumped on how to solve this one. It happens right after it posts, as the hotkeys on the screen appear with the "Aorous" screen, it freezes with that code on the MOBO for about 120 seconds, then boots up normally. Can't seem to find any fix on any forums so, figured this is my best shot. Worth mentioning all drivers are installed and up to date along with the latest version of Windows and expo 1 profile enabled. I have the memory in the correct locations according to the manual in config A2/B2. Boot priorities consist of just the Windows drive.

CPU: AMD 7950x 3D
GPU: 7900 XTX Nitro+
PSU: Corsair RXe 1KW
Motherboard: GIGABYTE X670E AORUS Master
Ram: CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB DDR5 RAM 64GB (2x32GB) 6000MHz CL30
Case: Corsair 7000D Airflow
Water Cooled CPU/GPU block, dual rad + res - x4 140mm fans, x8 120mm fans, 2 Corsair hubs
SSD: SAMSUNG 990 EVO PRO 4TB , 970 EVO PRO 2TB, Samsung 870 Pro 500 GB

Last edited:

BryceSpicey

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2014
When you installed your drive on new motherboard did you reinstall Windows on the drive?
Yep, wiped all my drives clean. Some things I've tried to no avail are reorientating the RAM sticks, using only one RAM stick, trying to boot with each individual drive and disconnecting the others, checking my drive health (all good), disabling integrated graphics, disconnecting GPU and running integrated graphics, resetting the CMOS, disabling the post graphic, nothing even made it slightly better. This makes me think it's just a bad motherboard, especially considering how motherboards in general are a known AM5 issue. Either get the A2 error code thrown up at the post screen or B4 before it posts, every time for 130-137 seconds.

Last edited: