Question EzDebug Help

May 9, 2024
Hey guys,
First time poster as I’ve got an issue I cannot seem to resolve.

Earlier this morning, I went to install a WiFi card into my mini pci port. Upon booting the pc after the system boots up for a second, the red light flashes on the motherboard and instantly turned itself off.

Following this I proceeded to take the card out, to the same resolve. So I continued to take the system apart and re built in it’s entirety.

The problem still persists and I’m stumped at what the issue could be.

Any advice would be great!

Tia

May 9, 2024
Thanks for the reply. I currently have the msi pro h610m-b, built the pc from new this time last year.

Would you suggest that I take the motherboard out completely, and solely try and boot with the psu & mobo plugged in?

May 7, 2024
It is the top red light flashes cpu once
Remove the CPU and check for any bent or missing pins in the LGA 1700 socket. Though, if you haven't touched it and the system was working before adding the Wi-Fi card, it's unlikely there is any pin damage.

Thanks for the reply. I currently have the msi pro h610m-b, built the pc from new this time last year.

Would you suggest that I take the motherboard out completely, and solely try and boot with the psu & mobo plugged in?
This should at least give you a different combination of indicators. We want to try and narrow the issue down to a problem component or the motherboard itself, and judging from just that EZ Debug LED it is probably either an issue with the CPU or the actual motherboard.

However, there are all sorts of weird things that can happen with faulty components, so we want to rule out that e.g. one of the RAM sticks is somehow interfering. You should only need the CPU, CPU cooler, one stick of RAM, the power supply, and a monitor for POST.

Last edited: