Question First pc build

Mar 26, 2024
The first few things ive gotten over Facebook marketplace are a i7 2600k with a gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4-B3 ATX LGA1155 motherboard an a MSI Radeon RX Vega 56 8G Video Card. I'm curious to know what kind of power supply i should get if i plan on doing overclocking and ram is still up for debate, my main goal is to get a decent 1080p gaming rig with enough room for vr for the new meta quest 3, i felt like the cpu mobo was a good combo for 40$ :)

Reactions: Why_Me
The first few things ive gotten over Facebook marketplace are a i7 2600k with a gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4-B3 ATX LGA1155 motherboard an a MSI Radeon RX Vega 56 8G Video Card. I'm curious to know what kind of power supply i should get if i plan on doing overclocking and ram is still up for debate, my main goal is to get a decent 1080p gaming rig with enough room for vr for the new meta quest 3, i felt like the cpu mobo was a good combo for 40$ :)
With some luck (silicon lottery) it's very overclockable CPU so some good aftermarket cooler is in order. Would not get far with Intel OEM cooler.
2 x8GB DDR3 1600MHz any make would do fine.
Good make and model about 550W should be more than enough, make and model subject to availability.

Reactions: MasterofGG_