Question Game audio stops, followed soon by a total freeze.

DAPPER DAN 2012

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2016
Windows 11 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 22631)
BIOS: P3.20 (type: UEFI)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor (12 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
Card name: AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT

Whenever I play newer, more graphically intense games like Hogwarts Legacy, Jedi Survivor, or The Invincible, my audio will stop (sometimes the music starts looping,) then the game itself will freeze for a short while. I can usually pause the game and then the sound will catch up. The dialogue that occurs during the audio break will then all play at once. For single player games, it's just a little annoying but not insufferable. But when playing a game like Helldivers 2, The audio stoppage doesn't happen, yet the game will hitch up and I'll lose connection. At which point I go back to my own ship. So it's not a total crash. Last time I lost connection 4 or 5 times in a single mission, which is very frustrating.

I've attempted using AMD's tools to update my graphics drivers. I've tried disabling Windows Defender Firewall. I've tried disabling Bluetooth drivers. I've also tried playing on a lower graphical setting. None of these have worked. I'm concerned that for a time my processor was running very hot due to insufficient cooling, and my processor/motherboard have been cooked. However, I don't have these problems when running games like Cyberpunk at Max settings. I've also gotten proper cooling for my processor and it now runs cool.

Some have suggested it could be audio drivers causing it. What do we think here? Please let me know if you need more information.

Thank you.

Lutfij

Titan
BIOS: P3.20 (type: UEFI)
Tells me you've got an ASRock branded motherboard.

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.