Question group policy issu

Apr 9, 2024
So I created an OU (OU-A) for a group of computers, and OU-B for another group of computers. I want to set a 5 min lock rule to OU-B and unlimited for OU-A.

I made a mistake of setting a 5 minute lock GPO at the Domain level which applied to all computers. Which is what I wanted for OU-B I removed it from Domain level, and put it in the OU level, I put a 5 min lock at the OU-B in Group Policy Management, and nothing for OU-A.

It's been 72 hours at least and I ran ocuple gpupdate /force, OU-A is still getting the 5 minute lock policy, However it does NOT state in the gpresult-r. Now no matter what I do, even removed the GPO all together, all the computers still have 5 min lock policy. I created a new GPO at the domain level to set it to 0 seconds (unlimited, never locked, it sitll won't apply, it still stuck at the 5 minute rule.

I have never see a GPO act this way. Any tips?

Ralston18

Titan
Show your work.

Take specific screenshots of what you are changing (or trying to change) via group policy.

Show or otherwise indicate the specific values that you are changing.

Then, likewise, take screenshots to show the results and/or any pop-up windows, errors, etc. that are presented.

Post the screenshots here via imgur (www.imgur.com).