Question Has anyone managed to install Chromebook (OS) on an HP 255 G7 Ryzen 3 15.6" Full HD 8GB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanG367

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2013
I'm currently attempting to repurpose a (poorly treated) HP Laptop for use as a Chromebook that I will attempt to use for Python course I have signed up for.

I like the idea of not simply throwing this on landfill when it seems ideal for this new purpose.

In attempting to turn this into said chrome book I have been attempting to use the "
Chromebook Recovery Utility
0.2.2 " for the Chrome Browser in Windows 10.

The problem is that I do not know what device I should be specifying when creating the boot media.
The laptop is "HP 255 G7 Ryzen 3 15.6 Full HD 8GB 256GB"

Opening the Chromebook Recovery Utility extension on chrome, if I select HP as the make there does not appear to be a matching entry for my laptop.
I have two jpgs of the list that I see but do not see how I add them to this post. Is there an imagehost that is available to this forum?

Thanks in advance for any help received.

Ian

https://unsee.cc/album#fBU4hiw3E11Ig4U3

Is a capture of the devices I can chose from having selected HP as the manufacturer.
Hopefully this makes sense to someone.

Last edited:

IanG367

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2013
I'm currently attempting to repurpose a (poorly treated) HP Laptop for use as a Chromebook that I will attempt to use for Python course I have signed up for.

I like the idea of not simply throwing this on landfill when it seems ideal for this new purpose.

In attempting to turn this into said chrome book I have been attempting to use the "
Chromebook Recovery Utility
0.2.2 " for the Chrome Browser in Windows 10.

The problem is that I do not know what device I should be specifying when creating the boot media.
The laptop is "HP 255 G7 Ryzen 3 15.6 Full HD 8GB 256GB"

Opening the Chromebook Recovery Utility extension on chrome, if I select HP as the make there does not appear to be a matching entry for my laptop.
I have two jpgs of the list that I see but do not see how I add them to this post. Is there an imagehost that is available to this forum?

Thanks in advance for any help received.

Ian

https://unsee.cc/album#fBU4hiw3E11Ig4U3

Is a capture of the devices I can chose from having selected HP as the manufacturer.
Hopefully this makes sense to someone.

Posting as a reply in case this is ignored as previously read.

Status
Not open for further replies.