Jan 4, 2024
Hello, I recently removed my graphics card from my system in order to use my igpu. After removing my gpu my system will no longer power on. So far I have reset the cmos, put the gpu back in, flashed the bios, and tried booting with 1 stick of ram. I don’t have an extra power supply does anyone have any ideas open to any explanation or suggestions thanks in advance

Specs
CPU: 7950x
GPU: GTX 1650
Mobo: x670E-A
Ram: Corsair 64GB 5200MT
PSU: Cooler Master 850w sfx
Silicon power 1TB nvme
970evo 2TB Nvme
Case: Lian li o11D mini

Ralston18

Titan
Will the system boot into Safe Mode?

Double check by sight and feel that all connections, cards, RAM, jumpers, and case connectors are fully and firmly in place.

Something may simply have been bumped loose.

Jan 4, 2024
Will the system boot into Safe Mode?

Double check by sight and feel that all connections, cards, RAM, jumpers, and case connectors are fully and firmly in place.

Something may simply have been bumped loose.
No it’s very strange I have quick release so I didn’t really bump any but I also tried to reseat the case io cable, when I turned the computer off prior to swapping out the gpu I used the power button on the case. I’m kinda thinking I may have killed something I can send a video of what’s going on with it at the moment

Ralston18

Titan
"No" meaning that the system will not boot into Safe Mode?

Not sure about the use of "quick release" - more explanation needed with respect to what was done or attempted.

= = = =

Go online and find the applicable User Guide/Manual for the motherboard.

Refer to the User Guide/Manual to double check all connections and configuration setttings.

Jan 4, 2024
"No" meaning that the system will not boot into Safe Mode?

Not sure about the use of "quick release" - more explanation needed with respect to what was done or attempted.

= = = =

Go online and find the applicable User Guide/Manual for the motherboard.

Refer to the User Guide/Manual to double check all connections and configuration setttings.
Correct the system will not power on at all so no it will not boot into safe mode I’ve been using the build for about 4 months now so I know how everything needs to be connected and I’m sure that everything is connected properly.

Essentially I powered the system off using the physical power button after doing so I removed the gpu and tried to power the system back on. The system would not power on what so ever but the motherboards built in rgb is staying on, the things that I have tried are: using a screwdriver to power the system on, booting with one stick of ram, flashed to the latest bios, reset the cmos, swapped the power cord, and tried a different outlet, hope I was a little more clear in my description thanks!!

Jan 4, 2024
How is the system receiving power?

Direct connect to a wall outlet? A surge protector? A power bar? UPS?

Any other devices on the same circuit?
The first time I powered it off it was plugged into a ups battery backup with a built in surge protector and the only other device on it was my monitor which is still working, now I am trying it on a power strip style surge protector and my router is connect to it as well

Jan 4, 2024
If anyone has any ideas I start my online classes back next week so I kinda really need to figure out what’s going on I don’t have the most money and can’t afford to replace multiple parts if necessary

Jan 4, 2024
Did you bump the front panel pin connections?

Edit: I see you already shorted the pins.
Yea man I’m stumped tomorrow I’m gonna use one stick in each slot and see i get any results, going to do the paper clip test on my psu as well and if the psu isn’t the problem fingers crossed it’s not the processor or Mobo. The rma process would put me in a bind for uni not really looking forward to classes on my phone, but here’s to hoping someone has some insight or a solution by tomorrow

Ralston18

Titan
Do you have a multi-meter and know how to use it?

Or know someone who does?

FYI:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-manually-test-a-power-supply-with-a-multimeter-2626158

Not a full test because the PSU is not under load. However, any voltages out of tolerance makes the PSU a likely culprit.

Another option is to borrow another known working PSU to install. Just be sure to use only the cables that come with any given modular PSU.

And again: refer to the motherboard's User Guide/Manual to double check all connections.

Jan 4, 2024
Do you have a multi-meter and know how to use it?

Or know someone who does?

FYI:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-manually-test-a-power-supply-with-a-multimeter-2626158

Not a full test because the PSU is not under load. However, any voltages out of tolerance makes the PSU a likely culprit.

Another option is to borrow another known working PSU to install. Just be sure to use only the cables that come with any given modular PSU.

And again: refer to the motherboard's User Guide/Manual to double check all connections.
I’m gonna completely rebuild the system after work today, and my dad has a multimeter I could use. I’m just worried it might be the motherboard itself because the rgb are still coming on the motherboard so I believe it’s still getting power

Ralston18

Titan
Remember that PSUs provide three different voltages (3, 5, and 12) to the host system and its' various components.

So it is possible that while some components have "power" other components may not. Or the voltage may not be what it should be which likewise causes problems.

And do not rebuild the system without reading through the applicable User Guides/Manuals beforehand.

Especially the motherboard. All too easy to overlook some detail and create new issues.