Question How am I possibly using almost 6GB of RAM?

Apr 7, 2024
How does this possibly add up? I only have one Chrome tab open at all (this forum) and the only other applications I have running are Task Manager and Resource Monitor (this is directly after a reboot of my PC)

My PC began to run incredibly slow, which is when I checked Task Manager and saw that the Performance tab was somehow saying I was using ALL 32 GB of RAM??? but then when I opened resource monitor it couldnt possibly have added up to even 16GB (I'm a math person - I can do that in my head). At that point I just rebooted, I was NOT going to do that to my PC. But now it's at 20% in this state. How??

EDIT:
Adding Specs. Thanks @Lutfij !
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB
Mobo: MSI B650-P Pro Wifi
RAM: G.Skill Flare X5 2x16GB DDR5-6000 CL32
SSD: TEAMGROUP 1TB M.2 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME
GPU: ASUS DUAL GeForce RTX 4070 Super
Case: Montech Air 1000 Pro (iirc)
PSU: Montech Titan Gold 850W (new, as in less than 3 months)

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

You seem to be on Windows 10, if so, what version(not edition) of the OS are you on? Look through what you have as Startup items and pass a screenshot of what you see.