Question How can I tell the difference between a game bug and a hardware bug/

ABigGoofyGamer181

Reputable
Feb 16, 2021
Worried about my pc's health as of late. I've run into this bug with RE6 where many cutscenes seem to have some weird inconsistent character model stutter. This wouldn't bother me on it's own, if it wasn't that, when I played cyberpunk 2077, I saw a character model seriously bug out. While the way it bugged out didn't match what I saw with RE6 I'm still anxious about it being some kind of hardware bug. I've tested my computer against some benchmarks which ran totally fine, but still I'm worried. So I ask, how do you tell the diff between a hardware bug and a gameplay bug?

ABigGoofyGamer181

Reputable
Feb 16, 2021
What you're describing is unlikely to be any sort of hardware bug, but rather something just not working right within the game. Typically hardware related issues are crashing, corrupted textures or missing textures.
Would this constitute corrupted textures: View: https://imgur.com/a/BOrlaHn

I feel like it wouldn't since the textures are loading in here, but their physics are breaking giving the exploded bits nowhere to go. At least, that's my theory.

Typically hardware issues is more severe than just stutter, but stutter issues can show up in multiple titles if its say a temperature issue, or a driver issue for example, or even some software you have installed that might be fighting for resources, I typically find the RGB software causes some games to have weird micro stutter on some machines.

If temps are in check, I doubt there is any sort of hardware issue causing some stutter, thats going to be down to the game, or software.