Question How do I extend the Orange, Green, Black audio cables ?

yaggaz

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2013
These below are 3.5mm analog right? Friend connects a soundblaster AE7 to his 5.1 surround system using these. Looking for 20ft without signal loss, if possible. Can get away with 15ft. He needs to move his sound system across the room (long story)

Can anybody recommend 20ft, preferably, but can get away with 15ft versions of these? Price doesn't matter. Thanks.

embed

kira-faye

Upstanding
Oct 11, 2023
shouldn´t be a problem, any extension should do
Yep, any 3.5mm stereo extension should work. Buy something a little nicer/better shielded if you're worried about interference, but as long as this isn't going past a bunch of electrically noisy stuff you shouldn't have an issue.

(Notice all the "shoulds" - lots of that in audio lol)

kira-faye

Upstanding
Oct 11, 2023
Okay so the last time I bought what I thought were the right ones, they didnt plug into his system, they kind of just hung loosely and didnt go in. Are these the exact replacement? Can I get three of these?

https://www.amazon.com/Aux-cord-bre...rC2tMZ4IReOxkhoFox9652JroMBoC20UQAvD_BwE&th=1
Try plugging both ends of the existing cables in to a standard headphone jack. If they fit, then yes, those cables should work.

If they don't, or if only one end does, we have to figure something else out. Probably just extensions instead of replacements.

Reactions: yaggaz