[SOLVED] How do i get more options in Sound Properties ?

That was cool ngl

Prominent
Feb 4, 2022
Right now i only have 3 settings which include: Headphone Virtualization, Loudness Equalization, and Bass Booster, Do i have to download some plugins or is it the version of my audio driver?

Solution
The difficulty is the word "optimize".

Everyone perceives sound differently and we all have our preferences. First with respect to the music we like and secondly to things such as volume, bass, and venue.

Mono, stereo, surround sound, 5.1, 7.1 and so forth. Sometimes we can chose audio effects sometimes not...

Now audiophiles have hardware and software that can either directly set up the way the music is presented or simulated.

Agree with @Krotow - there are all sorts of "knicks and nuts" available. Some may be installed, others you may need to install.

Some will make the audio sound better, some will not. It is your perception that decides "better".

All you can do is experiment with the settings and work out the...

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

What audio cards and audio software is installed?

What additional options/settings do you require?

Right click the small speaker icon usually located in the lower right screen corner.

Doing so will open a 5 item menu with each menu choice leading to quite a number of audio related Windows, tabs, and properties.

That was cool ngl

Prominent
Feb 4, 2022
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

What audio cards and audio software is installed?

What additional options/settings do you require?

Right click the small speaker icon usually located in the lower right screen corner.

Doing so will open a 5 item menu with each menu choice leading to quite a number of audio related Windows, tabs, and properties.

System specs:
i7-5500U
GeForce GTX 950M
8GB of ram

Just says High Definition audio twice
Any settings since I'm trying to optimize my audio

Ralston18

Titan

Everyone perceives sound differently and we all have our preferences. First with respect to the music we like and secondly to things such as volume, bass, and venue.

Mono, stereo, surround sound, 5.1, 7.1 and so forth. Sometimes we can chose audio effects sometimes not...

Now audiophiles have hardware and software that can either directly set up the way the music is presented or simulated.

Agree with @Krotow - there are all sorts of "knicks and nuts" available. Some may be installed, others you may need to install.

Some will make the audio sound better, some will not. It is your perception that decides "better".

All you can do is experiment with the settings and work out the configuration that make the audio acceptable to you.

As for High Definition audio twice - where are you seeing that? Device Manager? What devices?

Try running the built in Windows Troubleshooters (Troubleshoot sound problems). The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Otherwise, add some explanation about what you are hearing/not hearing and what you mean by optimize.

Solution

That was cool ngl

Prominent
Feb 4, 2022

All you can do is experiment with the settings and work out the configuration that make the audio acceptable to you.

As for High Definition audio twice - where are you seeing that? Device Manager? What devices?

Try running the built in Windows Troubleshooters (Troubleshoot sound problems). The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Otherwise, add some explanation about what you are hearing/not hearing and what you mean by optimize.

Thanks but what software do you guys recommend?
edit: And about optimize i just wanted to know if 5-7 settings in the enhancements tab was a lot since I was just trying to experiment and see what sounds best for me

Last edited: