Question HP 500B Microtower won't display and the power lights are off ?

May 6, 2024
good day

My HP 500B Microtower which was working fine yesterday won't display. When trying to turn it on this morning the fans work, all peripheral's work (mouse, keyboard, and any other USB devices).
The power button lights don't show and it's not displaying anything.
After googling I have tried:

• Hard reset (didn't work)
  • Removing all peripherals and connecting one after the other.
  • Clearing CMOS
  • Removing the CMOS battery on motherboard.

Nothing changed, all peripherals and fan's work but no power lights or led display.
Please help me.

May 6, 2024
thanks for your reply

i changed the PSU about a year ago and desktop has only been in use for 2 months since the repair.
though there are some joint cable points in the PSU wiring to fit the CPU
is it possible for the PSU to fail again within 2 months of use?

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
thanks for your reply

i changed the PSU about a year ago and desktop has only been in use for 2 months since the repair.
though there are some joint cable points in the PSU wiring to fit the CPU
is it possible for the PSU to fail again within 2 months of use?
Even new parts fail - infant mortality.

May 6, 2024
it seems the PSU is the issue i haven't gotten a new bios battery as its not available where i live
i have been using the CPU usb ports for charging since they still work
but today i heard a long beep from the ups in which theCPU was connected to after that the CPU stopped working totally (fans, peripherals and all)
i tried the paper clip test and the PSU didn't work

so could my continuous use of it have caused the issue or the PSU was the culprit all along

May 6, 2024
it seems the PSU is the issue i haven't gotten a new bios battery as its not available where i live
i have been using the CPU usb ports for charging since they still work
but today i heard a long beep from the ups in which theCPU was connected to after that the CPU stopped working totally (fans, peripherals and all)
i tried the paper clip test and the PSU didn't work

so could my continuous use of it have caused the issue or the PSU was the culprit all along