Question I can change the EXE icon, but not the System Tray icon ?

accesscpu_

Honorable
May 7, 2019
I'm trying to use Resource Hacker to customize one of my icons in my system tray. I successfully changed the primary .exe, but the tray icon is still using the default one. I assume it's pulling this from somewhere else. How can I locate the associated tray icon?

accesscpu_

Honorable
May 7, 2019
What application?

Are you trying to change the app's native icon into some other icon?

Personal computer or work computer?

More information needed.

Not a well know program-ish (Auto Kill Any Process). I've used Resource Hacker to change the primary .exe to a new icon (which was easy enough), but it didn't change the icon it puts in my notifications try. That's why I assume it's housing that in a different location. Seems like if I can find this, I can change it to what I want. Working on my home PC on Windows 10.

accesscpu_

Honorable
May 7, 2019
Also...

I figure that if I could change the start menu/taskbar icon, this would also help fix the tray notification version. Auto Kill Any Process is an older release from several years ago, that is no longer supported. But I figured that shouldn't matter, since it installed fine on my Windows 10 setup. But the shortcut is behaving differently than a normal one (as it doesn't look to have the same parameters as usual). Things are grayed out that I would normally use to do this easily. See this screenshot, with a comparison to the default Google Chrome one (for reference).

How would I handle this under these circumstances?

k1DYaBA.png

Ralston18

Titan
As a general observation there is likely some conflict/difference between Auto-Kill and Windows.

Windows changed in some manner and Auto-kill (now being unsupported) did not.

Are you able to access the Notifications settings via System > Notifications ?

Or by right clicking the blue bell icon at the right end of the task bar?

Have you seen the following link?

https://support.atlas-sys.com/hc/en...ows system tray is,, battery status, and more.