Question I RMAed my old ram sticks

May 5, 2024
So i had 2 broken ram sticks laying around just cuz i forgot which distributor did it came from, and just yesterday a friend managed to help me RMAed those 2, so right now im using 2x 8gb DDR4 3600MHz(i forgot the amount of CL thing it has) i already my rams to XMP2.0 profile in the bios and made sure that Its 3600mhz.
So should i just put these 2 new ram in the slots and be done with it or is there anything else i should be doing?

Last edited:
Solution
What if its the exact same rams
If the ram sticks were not part of the same kit, they are not matched.
The same part number and even the same batch number can have different timing characteristics that makes them not match .
I suppose closeness counts, but it is not a guarantee that the ram will operate reliably at the advertised specs.
You can try.
Ram must be matched for proper operation.The bios must manage all ram the same way, and this is harder with 4 sticks than two.
Be prepared to experiment with settings and likely, you will need to set the ram voltage nigher than normal.

But, be prepared for disappointment.
Unlike Intel, Ryzen is not very tolerant of mismatched ram.

If you need 32gb, be prepared to buy a replacement kit that is validated on the motherboard ram QVL list or on the ram vendor site.

To verify proper operation,
Run memtest86+
It boots from a usb stick and does not use windows.
You can download it here:

If you can run a full pass with NO errors, your ram should be ok.

Running several more passes will sometimes uncover an issue, but it takes more time.
Probably not worth it unless you really suspect a ram issue.

May 5, 2024
You can try.
Ram must be matched for proper operation.The bios must manage all ram the same way, and this is harder with 4 sticks than two.
Be prepared to experiment with settings and likely, you will need to set the ram voltage nigher than normal.

But, be prepared for disappointment.
Unlike Intel, Ryzen is not very tolerant of mismatched ram.

If you need 32gb, be prepared to buy a replacement kit that is validated on the motherboard ram QVL list or on the ram vendor site.

To verify proper operation,
Run memtest86+
It boots from a usb stick and does not use windows.
You can download it here:

If you can run a full pass with NO errors, your ram should be ok.

Running several more passes will sometimes uncover an issue, but it takes more time.
Probably not worth it unless you really suspect a ram issue.
What if its the exact same rams

May 5, 2024
If the ram sticks were not part of the same kit, they are not matched.
The same part number and even the same batch number can have different timing characteristics that makes them not match .
I suppose closeness counts, but it is not a guarantee that the ram will operate reliably at the advertised specs.
I see ill just wish for the best then