Question I think my PC is underperforming ?

May 7, 2024
Hi there! Hope ur good!

I own a 3600 + 6700xt combo, with 16gb of ram playing at 1080p.

I used to run a 1650 super, but upgraded a bit ago.

However, I don't think I'm getting the performance I should. In a game like Palia with medium settings, I get 60fps but frequent drops here and there. Same with Warframe, which are the two games I'm playing the most lately. Also tried TESO and Guild Wars 2 and I'm getting the same or less good performance as with the 1650s.

Last week something happened and my cpu was reaching 100% no reason. I was doing what I do normally, playing while watching something on my second monitor. So far that issue was resolved (don't ask how, I really don't know) but that got me really thinking about the performance. I don't really push my pc to a limit where the CPU would need to reach 100% and I don't play many games that push the gpu to it's limits. The most I do is stream with OBS, Illustrator, Photoshop and DaVinci Resolve. Most modern game i've tried was Dragons Dogma 2 and even when I know it has a lot of perf issues, now I'm thinking that the performance of my rig can also be dragging that experience too.

Was planning to upgrade my ram to 32gb, but this also got me thinking of my CPU but I don't really want to expend that much money right now, I can't even.

Any ideas? Need some help with this, please :(

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When you performed the upgrade, did you run DDU to remove all GPU drivers(Intel, AMD and Nvidia) in Safe Mode then manually installed the latest GPU driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Reactions: oliviajackson
May 7, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When you performed the upgrade, did you run DDU to remove all GPU drivers(Intel, AMD and Nvidia) in Safe Mode then manually installed the latest GPU driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.
Hi there! Thanks for the quick response!

This are my specs.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
CPU cooler: Stock
Motherboard: Asrock B450 Steel Legend / Bios version: P8.01
Ram: Corsair LPX 2x16gb DDR4 3000MHz (XMP enabled)
SSD/HDD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1Tb M.2 (OS) / WD Sata 1Tb HDD 7200rpm / Samsung 850 EVO 120Gb Sata SSD / I have another 120gb Sata SSD but don't remember the model
GPU: XFX RX 6700XT Merc 319
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 80+ GOLD (bought back in 2016)
Chassis: Thermaltake Core V21
Monitor: AOC 1080p w/HDMI & Samsung 1080p w/Display Port

Yeah, I uninstalled my previous GPU driver with DDU and manually installed the new ones.

Reactions: oliviajackson