Question I'm seeking advice on selecting an ASUS motherboard ?

satimis_06

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2006
Hi all,

CPU AMD Ryzen 9 5950X (16C 32T)

On searching I found
ASUS PRIME X570-P motherboard
is suitable but it only supports DDR4 RAM

Please advise which ASUS motherboard supports DDR5 RAM

I don't game nor need WiFi

Thanks

Regards

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
1| No AM4 platform will support DDR5, so you're barking up the wrong tree/driving down the wrong side of the road. The integrated memory controller on the AM4 processors/APU's will not compute with DDR5.

2| You've been advised by a colleague of mine to not invest on AM4 in 2024, instead to go with something more concurrent and if you read through 1| then anything with DDR5.

3| If you want to accept that you're limiting yourself towards the AM4 platform, then you might not want to invest on that Prime board, instead look into something higher end...since you're looking to pair a very power hungry Ryzen processor.

satimis_06

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2006
1| No AM4 platform will support DDR5, so you're barking up the wrong tree/driving down the wrong side of the road. The integrated memory controller on the AM4 processors/APU's will not compute with DDR5.

2| You've been advised by a colleague of mine to not invest on AM4 in 2024, instead to go with something more concurrent and if you read through 1| then anything with DDR5.

3| If you want to accept that you're limiting yourself towards the AM4 platform, then you might not want to invest on that Prime board, instead look into something higher end...since you're looking to pair a very power hungry Ryzen processor.
Why I select Ryzen 9 CPU because I already have Ryzen 7 and Ryzen5 PCs here. If select Ryzen 7 CPU again then I'll have 2 Ryzen 7 PCs