Question I'm trying to find out what is causing the BSODs ?

May 10, 2024
Hello, I am stumped at what is casuing my BSODs, I have looked at different locations already trying to find out my cause. E am getting Event ID 41 (63) Kernel-Power, at first I thought it was event ID 86 that was cuasing my shutdowns, I tried creating a custom view Event because 800+ events was too much, but didn't that it was not showing everything one needs to see.

I guess this started happening after an update from Windows around mid-April 2024, to where I rolled back, and my issues we're gone but returned a week later. Then I had goten in conatc with microsoft to where they gave me a recent windows iso file to re-sintall windows. That solved my problem temnporarily again for about another 4-5 days.

This was only happening in intensive games, mainy Helldivers 2 and Battlefield 2042. After the re-install of windows, Heldivers works just fine and not it's only in Battlefield 2042. I can get 1 game done before aorund the 2nd match I will crash, only problem is that everytime I crash I guess no dump files get created because they "fail to create dump files". i only have probably 3 mindump files out of maybe around 30+ crashes at this point.

Something I notice is that my RAM is around 50% or less on usage whenever i have the crashes. At this point I am starting to think my psu is dying.

I have done benchmarks and stress tests on my cpu, gpu, and ram (did OCCT and even ran the windows memory diagnostic), even tested both my drives using Samsung Magician and they are fine.

In case someone asks for my specs:

Windows 10 22H2 (I do not have the security patch error from 01-2024)
CPU: Ryzen 5700X
GPU: EVAG 3060Ti XC
RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix @ 3600Mhz
Storage: 4TB = 2 x 2 TB of Samsung 980 PRO (on the most recent firmware because one specific firmware was causing them to have errors early on.)
Motherboard: Asus ROG B550-I (If it matters my BIOS version for this one is 3402; and just found out hours ago Asus released a new BIOS update).
PSU: Flex-ATX Enhance 7660B (600W)
I have had this PC for almost 3 years already.

I also have my most recent dump files, and even logs ready to share if someone asks.

Thanks!

Edit: forgot to include Event ID.

May 10, 2024
>This was only happening in intensive games

Flex-ATX implies SFF case. See if thermal is an issue. Remove case cover and point large fan at insides to lower ambient, then try said intensive games.

>At this point I am starting to think my psu is dying.

If spare PSU available, try that. If spare PSU doesn't fit, pull setup from case and run open bench.

Since issue happens in (separate) intensive games, then power and/or thermal are probable causes. Also disable XMP/Expo/PBO for testing.
Yea I have a spare regular psu. I can probably try that.

Yes I do have an SFF case but temps are not a problem for me, I have a tiny screen that gives me my pc info like cpu usage, gpu sage, ram usage, temps. The highest my CPU has ever seen is 77c and my Highest is 72c. I have plenty of ventilation 2 (pc case is sandwhich style and the 2 side pnaels for cpu side and gpu have plenty of holes to suck in air and the top of the PC has 2 fans that pull any hot air out of the PC case); but i I will check thermals just in case.

I did say intensive games which included Helldivers 2 and BF 2042 (that was crashing) which I run also at 1440p, but I don;t crash in that game anymore. only bios modification I have is XMP and I used PBO but to lower the voltage (I forgot what it's called) to -20 since last year to reduce thermals a bit a more. I can play other games on 1440p settings and high just fine, like Apex, Outlast Trials, and Asetto Corsa; it's just now that it's only BF2042 where it crashes not any other game.

Oh in case I did not mention it, I did reinstall my GPU drivers and everything else is up to date.

Hello, I am stumped at what is casuing my BSODs, I have looked at different locations already trying to find out my cause. E am getting Event ID 41 (63) Kernel-Power, at first I thought it was event ID 86 that was cuasing my shutdowns, I tried creating a custom view Event because 800+ events was too much, but didn't that it was not showing everything one needs to see.

I guess this started happening after an update from Windows around mid-April 2024, to where I rolled back, and my issues we're gone but returned a week later. Then I had goten in conatc with microsoft to where they gave me a recent windows iso file to re-sintall windows. That solved my problem temnporarily again for about another 4-5 days.

This was only happening in intensive games, mainy Helldivers 2 and Battlefield 2042. After the re-install of windows, Heldivers works just fine and not it's only in Battlefield 2042. I can get 1 game done before aorund the 2nd match I will crash, only problem is that everytime I crash I guess no dump files get created because they "fail to create dump files". i only have probably 3 mindump files out of maybe around 30+ crashes at this point.

Something I notice is that my RAM is around 50% or less on usage whenever i have the crashes. At this point I am starting to think my psu is dying.

I have done benchmarks and stress tests on my cpu, gpu, and ram (did OCCT and even ran the windows memory diagnostic), even tested both my drives using Samsung Magician and they are fine.

In case someone asks for my specs:

Windows 10 22H2 (I do not have the security patch error from 01-2024)
CPU: Ryzen 5700X
GPU: EVAG 3060Ti XC
RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix @ 3600Mhz
Storage: 4TB = 2 x 2 TB of Samsung 980 PRO (on the most recent firmware because one specific firmware was causing them to have errors early on.)
Motherboard: Asus ROG B550-I (If it matters my BIOS version for this one is 3402; and just found out hours ago Asus released a new BIOS update).
PSU: Flex-ATX Enhance 7660B (600W)
I have had this PC for almost 3 years already.

I also have my most recent dump files, and even logs ready to share if someone asks.

Thanks!

Edit: forgot to include Event ID.
Just to get it out of the mix fit in a quality 650w psu something with at least a 7 yr warranty.