Question Internet instantly slow when a certain computer is turned on

SamSmart1

Reputable
Nov 13, 2019
Hi so at my work I am in charge of the computers and the tech side of my work (I'm the youngest) I have very limited knowledge but I know one thing that the internet should not slow down when one PC is on.

We have 6 desktop PC's and only 5 get used on a day-to-day basis. However, we sometimes need the 6th PC for certain information that we cannot access on our individual PC's. The internet instantly becomes slow once this 6th PC is on, it doesnt seem to matter how many computers are on at the time it just instantly slows the internet down. I have looked into some things that may have been the cause of the slowness in speed such as updating the network drivers, updating the whole pc but I can't seem to get it to work.

Any ideas on how to fix this would be much appreciated!

kanewolf

Titan
erm im going to be honest I dont have a clue, any idea how can I check. All I know is that its BT's Business Hub
If you are "in charge" as you say in your original post, then you need to figure that out. Why? Because you should have some sort of documentation generated.
Basic diagram. Cables labeled, ports identified. This is basic commercial IT functions. You can't fix, upgrade, enhance your system if you don't understand it.

Ralston18

Titan
And I will ask:

Make and model modem?

Make and model router (or modem/router if combined)?

Run "ipconfig /all" on one of the "5" computers and then run "ipconfig /all" on that sometimes needed #6 computer.

Copy and paste the full "ipconfig /all" results here. Be sure to indicate which results are for which computer.