Question Is 500w enough for RX 6600 XT ?

rich002

Prominent
May 8, 2023
Hi guys,

So, i find a good deal on RX 6600 XT, but my psu currently is corsair vs 450, and i want to replace that.
i find be quiet u9 500w for 35$ in marketplace, but it's a used psu for about a year, and am little worried about that.
Or should i get a Gamemax VP 700w for 37$, or FSP HV PRO 85+ 650w for 49$. or maybe you guys have other suggestion, psu around 30$ to 50$. i live in indonesia btw.
so thank you.

My Spec
i7 3770
Sapphire Pulse RX 6600 XT
16gb ddr3 ram
corsair v450 psu
2x hdd 7200rpm
1x 256gb ssd

Solution
Found a 3 year old thread someone else had the same question from your area actually.

XPG I don’t really know the name well, the ones you’re taking about seem on the lower end. I would say look and see if any of the suggestions in that thread are in budget.

If not, if I were in your shoes I might roll the dice on the game max if I couldn’t find or afford better. They are cheap but at least seem to have decent Amazon reviews, and it theoretically would be more power than needed if it ran…. The place you never want to cheap is power supply. But I get budget constraints to.

Have a look at this as you shop. You want a unit in tier A or...
Found a 3 year old thread someone else had the same question from your area actually.

XPG I don’t really know the name well, the ones you’re taking about seem on the lower end. I would say look and see if any of the suggestions in that thread are in budget.

If not, if I were in your shoes I might roll the dice on the game max if I couldn’t find or afford better. They are cheap but at least seem to have decent Amazon reviews, and it theoretically would be more power than needed if it ran…. The place you never want to cheap is power supply. But I get budget constraints to.

Have a look at this as you shop. You want a unit in tier A or B, but no lower than tier C.

Solution

rich002

Prominent
May 8, 2023

Have a look at this as you shop. You want a unit in tier A or B, but no lower than tier C.

thank you for your advice

i decide to go with XPG PYLON 650w, cause that's what available in my area.

Reactions: ohio_buckeye