Question Is Intel Pentium 4 compatible with Dell Optiplex 755 SFF ?

Mar 12, 2024
I bought a Intel Pentium 4 630 HT: 3.00 GHz, SL7Z9 CPU yesterday and i'm wondering if it will work on my Dell Optiplex 755 SFF PC. with 1GB RAM, Seagate Barracuda 500 HDD, A22 bios (latest version) and Windows XP SP3 ?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I don't think so, none of the Dell documentation mentions it being an option. Would be more of downgrade anyway going to a single core from the typical dual core it came with.

Despite being the 'same' socket and FSB, I believe the 630 HT came in slightly older machines. I still have one sitting around actually. Pentium D and Pentium HT were the chips that were compatible with each other. The Core 2 series came a little later.

I bought a Intel Pentium 4 630 HT: 3.00 GHz, SL7Z9 CPU yesterday and i'm wondering if it will work on my Dell Optiplex 755 SFF PC. with 1GB RAM, Seagate Barracuda 500 HDD, A22 bios (latest version) and Windows XP SP3 ?
I checked around abit and based on what others have said in the past from different community's.
Its not going to work out, let alone your mobo will refuse to post normally if you try it anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 12, 2024
I checked around abit and based on what others have said in the past from different community's.
Its not going to work out, let alone your mobo will refuse to post normally if you try it anyway.
thanks for trying