Robanish

Prominent
Oct 22, 2022
Hello i have a build that contains a 13600k, rtx 3070 and 32gb 2133mhz ram that has xmp enabled to 3000mhz in bios.
Ive been getting low frame rate especially when streaming/ recording in games such as valorsnt, where my fps dropped below 200. Tho ive seen many other people with same specs of cpu and gpu getting fps in 500-600s.
Same thing happened before i upgraded my cpu from a 12600k.
When i launch task manager or cpu-z the results come out pretty good as well as the benchmark shows 124%.

My question is will the ram upgrade from 2133mhz to 4000mhz be enough for a massive boost performance or is there some other problem to be thinking of?
Another mention is that my psu has 2 (4+4) pin slots whereas mobo only has 8+4 so 1 4 pin slot is pointing out while inside the psu.
Could that be the reason to such a low performance? I have a bit of lack of knowledge in computers and in need of some assistance thanks! 😊

Could that be the reason to the low performance? I have a bit of lack of knowledge in computers and in need of some assitance thanks!

My build:

Cpu : I5 13600k
Gpu : Zotac Rtx 3070
Ram : 32gb ddr4 2133mhz

Ssd : Samsung evo 980 pro 1tb
Chassi : Lian li o11
Mobo : Asus prime z790 plus d4
Psu : asus rog strix 750W gold+

Last edited:

Robanish

Prominent
Oct 22, 2022
Hello i have a build that contains a 13600k, rtx 3070 and 32gb 2133mhz ram that has xmp enabled to 3000mhz in bios.
Ive been getting low frame rate especially when streaming/ recording in games such as valorsnt, where my fps dropped below 200. Tho ive seen many other people with same specs of cpu and gpu getting fps in 500-600s.
When i launch task manager or cpu-z the results come out pretty good as well as the benchmark shows 124%.

My question is will the ram upgrade from 2133mhz to 4000mhz be enough for a massive boost performance or is there some other problem to be thinking of?
Another mention is that my psu has 2 (4+4) pin slots whereas mobo only has 8+4 so 1 4 pin slot is pointing out while inside the psu.
Could that be the reason to such a low performance? I have a bit of lack of knowledge in computers and in need of some assistance thanks! 😊

My build:

Endre

Honorable

My build:

Hello!

RAM is rarely the bottleneck in a system.
Your RAM runs at 3000MT/s through XMP, so going higher won't help much.
A platform upgrade, or a video card upgrade would help.

Robanish

Prominent
Oct 22, 2022
Hello!

Thanks for the information! Though i have heard that the frequency from most other people are said to be too low when comparing the speed to the processor. Since i also have an rtx 3070 and seen on YT other people recording on worse graphics cards hence getting 2x the performance/fps i get could not be the video card problem. I did however make a bios update which did not improve performance by much where im stil looping getting much lower performance in gaming than what i should be getting!

When gaming latency matters more than speed with DRAM for the most part (though speed is part of the overall latency equation). You'd be best off analyzing how your CPU/GPU are performing when you notice this poor performance. It could very well be something being setup wrong software wise.

I wouldn't particularly trust "some person on youtube showed" when it comes to performance. If you run benchmarks and everything is indicating it's within expected parameters your performance issues are far more likely to be configuration related if they actually exist.

Robanish

Prominent
Oct 22, 2022
When gaming latency matters more than speed with DRAM for the most part (though speed is part of the overall latency equation). You'd be best off analyzing how your CPU/GPU are performing when you notice this poor performance. It could very well be something being setup wrong software wise.

I wouldn't particularly trust "some person on youtube showed" when it comes to performance. If you run benchmarks and everything is indicating it's within expected parameters your performance issues are far more likely to be configuration related if they actually exist.
Is there a way to analyze the cpu and gpu while gaming and testing to se what causes the underperformance? I have tested cpu-z and benchmark to stresstest my cpu and havent found any problems with it as everything looks healthy, the single thread score in cpu-z was set at 865.9 and the multi at 10440.7.
Multithread ratio was set at 12.06 which looks healthy too.
Ive tried looking into msi afterburner and found no evidence of the underperforming gpu and was able to overclock both cpu and gpu by a little bit to be on the safer side. But i havent got any performance boost.
I do however have one more 4pin connector left that i cant use on my motherboard so its left up hanging and have no idea if that could affect the performance?
The voltage of the cpu is set to default at 1.25 and core speed is at 5.2 ghz a bit oc but doesnt mane any difference. None of the cores are parked

Robanish

Prominent
Oct 22, 2022
You should look at a DDR4-3600Mhz dual channel ram kit to get the most out of your DDR4 platform.
Im planning on upgrading to a 4000mhz 16x2gb ram and found the corsair vemgeance cl18, can that make a significant improvement? Sorry for not answering for a longer period!

Robanish

Prominent
Oct 22, 2022
There is nothing wrong with your thread, nothing "got glitched", I've restored your original post. You should try to reply to the person who replied to you
Yes, sorry about that!
Had a hard time posting on my phone and had no idea how to navigate and couldnt find the delete thread button and double posted it

Robanish

Prominent
Oct 22, 2022
Hello!

Hello! I have latest gpu drivers up to date aswell since i also factory reset my pc yesterday and had to reinstall everything. I updated bios. The 13600k and rtx 3070 performs pretty well together and theres no bottleneck there. The clock speed of cpu is set at 5.2 ghz and there is no parked cores. I got 4 slots of ram with 8gbs in each slot, and tried with only 2 slots with 16 installed which didnt do much.

The only thing that im concerned about is that i got 12 cpu pins inserted into the motherboard and 4 are left hanging out while inserted as an all 8 pin into the psu (there are 2 8pins in cpu and 2(4x4) pin connectors to the mobo.
Also i have an older sata ssd that i cant get rid of that my pc keeps holding onto to boot up even after i factory reset my pc. Which probably means that the drivers are installed on that old sata ssd. But the thing is that my new samsung evo 980 pro SSD is used as main drive (C) the pc stil boots up through the sata SSD and i dont know if thats causing the performance loss since the ssd is older and has been connected to another older MSI PC that doesnt exist anymore. I then removed the sata SSD from that msi pc a couple years ago and booted it up on a newer motherboard with other fresh components (cpu,gpu) and later on a new SSD which i tried making pc booting up with it instead of old sata ssd even after factory resetting and it didnt work.. Could that be a reason to why the PC underperforms?

Reactions: Endre
I do however have one more 4pin connector left that i cant use on my motherboard so its left up hanging and have no idea if that could affect the performance?
Doesn't matter EPS12V is good for ~300W for the 8 pin so you'd be fine with just that alone.
Is there a way to analyze the cpu and gpu while gaming and testing to se what causes the underperformance? I have tested cpu-z and benchmark to stresstest my cpu and havent found any problems with it as everything looks healthy, the single thread score in cpu-z was set at 865.9 and the multi at 10440.7.
Normally I'd say HWInfo, but I've had that act weird under load so I generally suggest HWMonitor then you can see things like per core load and clocks. It will also show video card information, but generally I find GPU-Z's sensors tab to be more useful.
Ive tried looking into msi afterburner and found no evidence of the underperforming gpu and was able to overclock both cpu and gpu by a little bit to be on the safer side. But i havent got any performance boost.
I'm assuming you're running 1080p resolution, but if you're running higher that may very well just be the issue.

Robanish

Prominent
Oct 22, 2022
Doesn't matter EPS12V is good for ~300W for the 8 pin so you'd be fine with just that alone.

Normally I'd say HWInfo, but I've had that act weird under load so I generally suggest HWMonitor then you can see things like per core load and clocks. It will also show video card information, but generally I find GPU-Z's sensors tab to be more useful.

I'm assuming you're running 1080p resolution, but if you're running higher that may very well just be the issue.
Yep, i run 1080p in games, the monitor that i got is a zowie 27’ 240hz Tn monitor that can go up to 1440p but has baseline of 1080p, ive tried running games in lower res but havent recieved any performance boost from that even if running at 720p with lowest settings there isnt much performance boost coming.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Yep, i run 1080p in games, the monitor that i got is a zowie 27’ 240hz Tn monitor that can go up to 1440p but has baseline of 1080p, ive tried running games in lower res but havent recieved any performance boost from that even if running at 720p with lowest settings there isnt much performance boost coming.
Your problem is from watching YouJunk videos.

What are you using to stream? What drive are you recording to? Form your post your trying to stream and record at the same time?

Recording game play you need to be recording to a drive the game is not loaded on.

Post a link to the so called 500/600 FPS with the same parts your using while they are streaming!

Reactions: PEnns

Robanish

Prominent
Oct 22, 2022
Your problem is from watching YouJunk videos.

What are you using to stream? What drive are you recording to? Form your post your trying to stream and record at the same time?

Recording game play you need to be recording to a drive the game is not loaded on.

Post a link to the so called 500/600 FPS with the same parts your using while they are streaming!
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/67817351
This is my user benchmark which seems normal but there are many out there and sites telling. My example is Valorant where i check, i usually get 200-300 on low settings and even lower in cs2.

I have also tried my friends pc where their 11th gen cpu and 1080 gpu outperforms my pc with more fps and performance.
I also run in 1080p.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/67817351
This is my user benchmark which seems normal but there are many out there and sites telling. My example is Valorant where i check, i usually get 200-300 on low settings and even lower in cs2.
I also run in 1080p.
I have also tried my friends pc where their 11th gen cpu and 1080 gpu outperforms my pc with fore fps and performance.
Both of your links are complete garbage.
I said post a link to where you seen 500/600 FPS while streaming with your hardware and you post a garbage FPS calculator that is not even worth the effort to go to the site!

Your HDD is so full it cant even run the junk website test 32GB free LOL you need to delete a bunch of stuff off that.

Robanish

Prominent
Oct 22, 2022
I said post a link to where you seen 500/600 FPS while streaming with your hardware and you post a garbage FPS calculator that is not even worth the effort to go to the site!

Your HDD is so full it cant even run the junk website test 32GB free LOL you need to delete a bunch of stuff off that.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EMmv4M2f8g

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHyohJbfTTE

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c88T4tg1ahU

The thing is there arent many cpus out there that are stronger than 13600k and as i said earlier i know people with worse components that get more performance, so something is not right and has to be fixed thats why im asking for help

Robanish

Prominent
Oct 22, 2022

Man i just factory reset my pc and my Primary SSD has 800+ gb or storage available + 250 from SATA SSD, the other 32gb was a usb drive that wasnt synced during the test.

What storage device are your games installed on?

You also still haven't done any of the monitoring that has been suggested and there isn't some magical bullet without you troubleshooting.

If you're lowering the resolution/settings and not getting increased performance that would generally indicate you're being CPU limited.

Endre

Honorable
Thanks for the information! Though i have heard that the frequency from most other people are said to be too low when comparing the speed to the processor. Since i also have an rtx 3070 and seen on YT other people recording on worse graphics cards hence getting 2x the performance/fps i get could not be the video card problem. I did however make a bios update which did not improve performance by much where im stil looping getting much lower performance in gaming than what i should be getting!
Hello again!

Your CPU supports DDR4-3200MT/s, your kit runs at 3000MT/s, which is just a bit lower.
Going to DDR4-4000MT/s means that you'll be running the memory out of spec (which is not even a guarantee that it will run at that speed, on the long term).

Robanish

Prominent
Oct 22, 2022
Hello again!

Your CPU supports DDR4-3200MT/s, your kit runs at 3000MT/s, which is just a bit lower.
Going to DDR4-4000MT/s means that you'll be running the memory out of spec (which is not even a guarantee that it will run at that speed, on the long term).
But if i remove all of the old ram out of the system and install entirely new ram of 32gb 4000mt/s ddr4 wouldnt that make the system run at 4000 then??

Robanish

Prominent
Oct 22, 2022
Hello again!

Also i tried working up the ram to 3200mt/s which is prob the max amount i can oc my ram through xmp the pc starts to reboot automatically over and over thats also why im planning on upgrading the ram kit in hope of getting higher frame rate!

Endre

Honorable
But if i remove all of the old ram out of the system and install entirely new ram of 32gb 4000mt/s ddr4 wouldnt that make the system run at 4000 then??
Hello!

Like I have stated previously, Intel specifies DDR4-3200MT/s.
Going higher than that will add stress on the memory controller of the CPU.
Maybe it will work at 4000MT/s, but it's not a guarantee!

My advice:
Improve the system in other areas, like the SSD, for instance, or gather money to buy a better build in the future.

Endre

Honorable
Also i tried working up the ram to 3200mt/s which is prob the max amount i can oc my ram through xmp the pc starts to reboot automatically over and over thats also why im planning on upgrading the ram kit in hope of getting higher frame rate!
Overclocking anything is futile in this era.
Intel CPUs have problems running at the stock speeds set by the motherboards vendors.
That's why they had to come up with new BIOS revisions that are adding the "Intel baseline" profile, that lowers voltages & speeds.