Question Issue with Google Photos backup ?

united-12

Prominent
Oct 27, 2022
Hello,

Phone model: Xiaomi Poco X4 GT

I have an issue with the photos I've backed up on Google Photos. All the photos also appear in my local gallery. However, now when I delete a photo from the gallery, it also automatically gets deleted from my Google Photos account. Previously, this worked fine, and the photos in my Google Photos account didn't show up in my local gallery. How can I fix this problem so that when I delete a photo from the local gallery, it doesn't get deleted from Google Photos as well.

Ralston18

Titan
What are, if any, the synchronizaton settings between the local gallery and the Google Photos account?

Are any other devices in use for taking, showing/sharing, and saving photographs.

Another thing to check is any storage limits anywhere... What happens, or is supposed to happen, when the storage limit(s) are reached? What photographs get deleted?

united-12

Prominent
Oct 27, 2022
What are, if any, the synchronizaton settings between the local gallery and the Google Photos account?

Are any other devices in use for taking, showing/sharing, and saving photographs.

Another thing to check is any storage limits anywhere... What happens, or is supposed to happen, when the storage limit(s) are reached? What photographs get deleted?
I don't see any option to stop synchronizing, what can I do? If I completely make a hard reset phone, do I risk deleting the photos in the google account ?

CParsons

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 4, 2019
I don't see any option to stop synchronizing, what can I do? If I completely make a hard reset phone, do I risk deleting the photos in the google account ?
Open Google Photos, tap on your profile icon in the right. Go to Photos Settings. There you will find the Backup options. If you factory reset your phone, nothing you backed up already should be deleted. Also, are you not using the "Delete from Device" option?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ralston18