Question Kingston NV2 vs WD Black: Which Setup is Best?

Mar 25, 2024
I'm looking to upgrade my storage setup and would appreciate your insights. Currently, I'm using a Crucial BX200 SSD for Windows and a WD Black SN850X for gaming. However, I'm wondering if I should combine both drives onto the SN850X. Combining it all would occupy roughly 1.3TB of the 2TB capacity (1.81TB actual).

My main concern is how it might affect read speeds and overall performance. My PC has two PCIe 3.0 m.2 slots rather than 4.0 gen, so speeds are already lower than advertised. I don't plan to fully utilize 4.0 Gen until I update my system at a later date.

The other option is simple: I will have a Kingston NV2 500GB replace my 240GB Crucial drive. Clone the drive and have extra storage space, one drive for OS and the other for games like it currently is, only it's a little faster than Sata III.

Alternatively, I could just leave it alone and not spend the money on a new drive. My current experience is fine as is. Let me know your thoughts, and thanks for your replies

Solution
I'm looking to upgrade my storage setup and would appreciate your insights. Currently, I'm using a Crucial BX200 SSD for Windows and a WD Black SN850X for gaming. However, I'm wondering if I should combine both drives onto the SN850X. Combining it all would occupy roughly 1.3TB of the 2TB capacity (1.81TB actual).

My main concern is how it might affect read speeds and overall performance. My PC has two PCIe 3.0 m.2 slots rather than 4.0 gen, so speeds are already lower than advertised. I don't plan to fully utilize 4.0 Gen until I update my system at a later date.

The other option is simple: I will have a Kingston NV2 500GB replace my 240GB Crucial drive. Clone the drive and have extra storage space, one drive for OS and the other...

The other option is simple: I will have a Kingston NV2 500GB replace my 240GB Crucial drive. Clone the drive and have extra storage space, one drive for OS and the other for games like it currently is, only it's a little faster than Sata III.

Alternatively, I could just leave it alone and not spend the money on a new drive. My current experience is fine as is. Let me know your thoughts, and thanks for your replies
Unless you are running out of space on the crucial stay where you are nothing to be gained perf wise by doing the swaps.

Solution