Question Looking to make the switch to a wireless mouse

axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
I've been looking to make the switch to a wireless mouse for a couple of years as my old wired mouse has a cable that is worn out and has to be in just to right flex to work. Makes it challenging to game. I know logitech makes good wireless mouses, but I've been drawn to the Razer gaming mouses.

Is there a best time to look for deals on these?

I see the basilisk consistently top lists, but it doesn't quite seem to fit my hand right. I think I had looked at some version of the viper that felt better in my hand. It seems there are variations of the basilisk, viper, death adder, and I'm not sure what else at different price points. I guess I'd most like to find a good deal on one of the pricier versions.

Thanks.

I've been drawn to the Razer gaming mouses
i would go in person to Best Buys, Micro Centers, local PC shops, gaming stores, etc and check out all of the available options on display before starting to make a decision.

i've tested many different makes & models and Razer actually produced some of the cheapest constructed/lowest quality versions out of the majority.
they've always seemed to put more into a "gaming" style rather than a gamer's needs.
focusing on aesthetic appeal more than construction and available options.

Corsair and Logitech models have almost always felt like much higher quality than most and seemed offered better personalization options.
Is there a best time to look for deals on these?
besides Black Friday & Cyber Monday there usually aren't many holidays focusing on PC peripherals.

just keep an eye out on a few different retailers,
any manufacturer rebates that may be advertised on their own sites,
and keep doing personal online searches for the particular product model you decide on for certain sales.

If you're looking for something specific, then just keep an eye on it and wait until it gets to a price you're willing to pay.

Otherwise, Black Friday or some other holiday sale is good if you're just looking for something.

axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Went to Best Buy. I was surprised how many mice they had. Went around and tried them all. Death Adder was 100% the fit for my grip.

Can anyone tell me the difference in cost levels? The mouse I used for feel was a $60 version, maybe an ultra? They had a $160 pro version. I couldn't tell a difference from the box other than that the pro version was heavier by a few grams.

Thanks.

Wireless ones tend to be more expensive. However, I noticed there's a $70 wireless DeathAdder and I can't figure out what makes it cheaper than the $150 one.

I'm going to wager most of this is just the "gamer" upmarket.