Question My CPU I7 3770 have Boost Clock Upto 3.9Ghz But Why It is Running At 3.7Ghz

Md.dilshad

Reputable
Aug 22, 2019
I have an old CPU called i7 3770. It's supposed to run at a speed of up to 3.90 GHz, but mine always runs at 3.7 GHz. I've seen videos on YouTube where other users CPU also run at 3.7Ghz, so it seems normal. But I'm curious why it doesn't reach its maximum speed. Is there a way to make it run faster without overclocking?

I7.png

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
The 3770 can boost to 3.9 GHz automatically *if* it's using one or two of the cores. More than that and it only boosts to 3.7 GHz.

Since this isn't the 3770K, BCLK overclocking is extremely janky and not recommended given the small gains you get from the overclock.

May 9, 2024
The 3770 can boost to 3.9 GHz automatically *if* it's using one or two of the cores. More than that and it only boosts to 3.7 GHz.

Since this isn't the 3770K, BCLK overclocking is extremely janky and not recommended given the small gains you get from the overclock.
The non-K i7-3770 has 4 extra multipliers so if OP's motherboard has a P or Z series chipset they could overclock it to 4.1GHz all-core, 4.2GHz 3-core and 4.3GHz 1-2 core without touching the BCLK.

Md.dilshad

Reputable
Aug 22, 2019
The non-K i7-3770 has 4 extra multipliers so if OP's motherboard has a P or Z series chipset they could overclock it to 4.1GHz all-core, 4.2GHz 3-core and 4.3GHz 1-2 core without touching the BCLK.
I have an i7 3770K processor, but I didn't mention it because I don't want to overclock it. It's supposed to run at 3.9GHz automatically with Turbo Boost, but it's not doing that. You Guys are trying to say it's because not all the cores are being used, so it's not boosting to the maximum speed. or Maybe the games I'm playing don't need all the cores. Can you help me understand why it's not working as expected?. I am not a technical person that's i am not able to understand what are you guys trying to say. what is the main reason.

May 9, 2024
I have an i7 3770K processor, but I didn't mention it because I don't want to overclock it. It's supposed to run at 3.9GHz automatically with Turbo Boost, but it's not doing that. You Guys are trying to say it's because not all the cores are being used, so it's not boosting to the maximum speed. or Maybe the games I'm playing don't need all the cores. Can you help me understand why it's not working as expected?. I am not a technical person that's i am not able to understand what are you guys trying to say. what is the main reason.
3.7GHz is the maximum boost when you have load on all of the 4 cores. If the game/program was only using 1 or 2 of the cores and the rest of the cores didn't have load, then it would boost to 3.9GHz. You aren't going to see more than 3.7GHz in any modern games without overlocking the CPU because the games use more than 2 cores.

Md.dilshad

Reputable
Aug 22, 2019
3.7GHz is the maximum boost when you have load on all of the 4 cores. If the game/program was only using 1 or 2 of the cores and the rest of the cores didn't have load, then it would boost to 3.9GHz. You aren't going to see more than 3.7GHz in any modern games without overlocking the CPU because the games use more than 2 cores.
Thanks Now It's Very Clear.