Question My graphic card is never detected at all.

May 11, 2024
Yeah, I don't know anything at all about computer or laptop's hardware so I'm just asking for a confirmation. My laptop Dell Inspiron G3 doesn't detect it's graphic card anymore. It is Nvidia Gtx 1050 Ti. Just to mention, my laptop has some other complaints. It is not my laptop in the first place too. It was my sister's. Touchpad not working(that is obvious cause we can see touchpad is broken). Battery issues after using so long. Yeah that is all. There weren't anything related to performance or to the graphic card. But when she gave it to me, i saw that only drivers are there but no graphic card. I unfortunately uninstalled the drivers(cause I didn't know it will only install at the detection of drivers). So yeah, i think the card got failed. But the thing is sometimes I can hear a huge fan running soung in my laptop and when i played a game using integrated graphics, its performance was bad but the vram it used was of 4 gb. Something of the nvidia graphic card.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Dell Inspiron G3 is a series, what is it's SKU? Using your service tag.

You might want to start fresh with a reinstall of the OS, then manually reinstall all drivers for your laptop. If you think the GPU's at fault inspite of installing the latest drivers, open up Device Manager and see if your GPU is flagged with an error 43 code. Following that, you can use GPU-Z to see if any items show up as 0(zero). If so, then the GPU's conked out.

Check to see if your laptop is pending any BIOS updates btw.

May 11, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Dell Inspiron G3 is a series, what is it's SKU? Using your service tag.

You might want to start fresh with a reinstall of the OS, then manually reinstall all drivers for your laptop. If you think the GPU's at fault inspite of installing the latest drivers, open up Device Manager and see if your GPU is flagged with an error 43 code. Following that, you can use GPU-Z to see if any items show up as 0(zero). If so, then the GPU's conked out.

Check to see if your laptop is pending any BIOS updates btw.
I don't have the gpu in my lap anymore. It doesn't show it on device manager. I can't install drivers because of it and in gpu z, only intel graphics is showing