Question Need some help with a new prebuilt not displaying

May 3, 2024
I bought a prebuilt from newegg and its turned on bit even with the hdmi in its not displaying on the mobitor, a symbol next to the power button flasesh red every 2-5 seconds but idk what the symbol means, please help!

May 3, 2024
Hard drive indicator perhaps? Link to the system?

If it has a dedicated graphics card, you should be plugging into that card and not the motherboard. Not sure if that’s what you’re doing but have seen that before.
Is the gpu supposed to light up as well? Bc it is the same as when pc is off

Do you have a link to this system?

Some computer chips have their own graphics card built in to where you don’t need a graphics card installed. This is useful in situations like this for testing what the system is doing. The fact it’s on and the red light on it, which sounds like a hard drive indicator light, makes it sound like the computer is trying to do things but you aren’t getting output on the screen.

So when I was saying about removing the graphics card, the idea is to see if the system works without it. But it would be helpful if you have a link to the pc you purchased so we can get an idea what you’re looking at.

May 3, 2024
Do you have a link to this system?

Some computer chips have their own graphics card built in to where you don’t need a graphics card installed. This is useful in situations like this for testing what the system is doing. The fact it’s on and the red light on it, which sounds like a hard drive indicator light, makes it sound like the computer is trying to do things but you aren’t getting output on the screen.

So when I was saying about removing the graphics card, the idea is to see if the system works without it. But it would be helpful if you have a link to the pc you purchased so we can get an idea what you’re looking at.
https://www.newegg.com/p/3D5-003E-00A96?item=9SIB11NK424486
I bought this let me know if it helps or what i need to do

Ok that makes more sense.

That chip does not have built in graphics. Your best bet with it being a prebuilt pc. Double check that your display cable is securely plugged into the back of the graphics card, and double check the connection at the monitor.

Also check to make sure the monitor is on and that you select the source that you’re plugged into such as hdmi, DisplayPort etc.

In a pinch for troubleshooting you could attempt to plug into your TV as well.

With it being a prebuilt if those things don’t work, I’d suggest contact Newegg if you just purchased it and see what troubleshooting they want you to do or about a return or tech support etc.

Reactions: Rokinamerica
May 3, 2024
Ok that makes more sense.

That chip does not have built in graphics. Your best bet with it being a prebuilt pc. Double check that your display cable is securely plugged into the back of the graphics card, and double check the connection at the monitor.

Also check to make sure the monitor is on and that you select the source that you’re plugged into such as hdmi, DisplayPort etc.

In a pinch for troubleshooting you could attempt to plug into your TV as well.

With it being a prebuilt if those things don’t work, I’d suggest contact Newegg if you just purchased it and see what troubleshooting they want you to do or about a return or tech support etc.
Hey man, i looked at the internals and the graphic card wasnt plugged in, it works fine now! Thanks so much!

May 3, 2024
Theoretically they should have done that already, but you definitely want to update all of your drivers and run windows updates and check for any new updates.

Also you may check to see if they sent an antenna for the WiFi with your accessories.
I got 2 black stick thingys kinda, that the antenna and if so how do i use them?