Question New Build - What have I done wrong? No output AMD Radeon 7900XTX

May 9, 2024
I really just wanted to build a nice little MATX rig for gaming, but mainly a rig that can handle Pro Tools and Media Composer as well.

First boot, right out the gate, everything spins up, my Post LEDs on the mobo all chime in and then turn off after a moment or so (including VGA).

I have ZERO output from the GPU. Mobo DOES send video no problem, but only when the GPU is removed. Boots right to Windows install.

ASRock A620M Pro RS Wifi mobo
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000 cl30 (4x 32gb)
Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX
BeQuiet! Pure Power 12 M 1000W 80 Plus Gold

Literally tried everything with the exception of installing Windows and then downloading drivers for the GPU. Is this a thing? Do I really need to to install the OS and then graphics drivers before the GPU outputs will work?

Is there something in BIOS that I might have missed? I didn't notice anything under PCI setup in Advanced mode that would prioritize PCIe or mobo output.

All components accounted for in BIOS (with the exception of the GPU of course because it's not installed).

I have tried three different monitors (including a brand new Dell S3422DWG), new/different DP cables, HDMI cables, re-seated the card numerous times.

I have replaced the GPU with a brand new one of the same make and model.

Is there an issue with the Sapphire GPU and the ASRock A620m or Micro Atx form factor?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. I guess I'm just wondering if it's normal to have to install the OS before getting output from the GPU?

Thank you!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Have two sticks of ram on slots A2 and B2.

Do I really need to to install the OS and then graphics drivers before the GPU outputs will work?
Very rare case or none thereof, you could still run off the iGPu and see if your discrete GPU isn't showing up in Device Manager, i.e, you can install your OS while on the iGPU.

Though to be very honest, I'd have paired a B650 chipset board with your Ryzen processor, you'd spent good money on the processor, GPU and skimped out on the board.

Is there an issue with the Sapphire GPU and the ASRock A620m or Micro Atx form factor?
Nope, it's a concurrent gen GPU and a concurrent gen motherboard with a PCIe slot, they will work with eachother.

Check to see if all connections to your components are secure+your GPU is fully seated into the PCIe slot.

Reactions: DunwallOutcast

baboma

Notable
Nov 3, 2022
Use multimeter to check voltage for GPU power connectors. Check connection to GPU.

Pull setup out of case for bench test; minimize configuration.

>Literally tried everything

Assumning 30-day window still applies, replace motherboard is next step, preferably with different make/model.

Of note: Motherboard is entry-level, with minimal VRM. Even though 370W GPU draws most of its power through power connectors, power draw may be an issue for motherboard.

Reactions: DunwallOutcast