Question New case, same parts, no mobo light, PC won't boot.

May 8, 2024
Just got a coolermaster mid tower. Swapped everything over and I can't get it to boot, light, anything. At one point the case power button led was on. I removed several standoffs and rescrewed in the mobo like I had it in my old case with 4, reconnected everything and now I can't even get the case led. It's been years so I'm sure I'm missing something. I have gigabyte x570 gaming mobo, MSI Ventus 3060, ryzen 3600x, EVGA 1000g+ supernova, and the case is haf 500 homecoming classic. Ram is 32 GB of Corsair lpx vengeance ddr4 3200mh.

Dumb first question:
Is the psu plugged into the wall?
Is the psu power switch in the ON position?
I have made both mistakes at one time or another.

Double check that all components and connections are firm at both ends.
Try to start the motherboard by shorting the motherboard front pwr/gnd pins.

Just got a coolermaster mid tower. Swapped everything over and I can't get it to boot, light, anything. At one point the case power button led was on. I removed several standoffs and rescrewed in the mobo like I had it in my old case with 4, reconnected everything and now I can't even get the case led. It's been years so I'm sure I'm missing something. I have gigabyte x570 gaming mobo, MSI Ventus 3060, ryzen 3600x, EVGA 1000g+ supernova, and the case is haf 500 homecoming classic. Ram is 32 GB of Corsair lpx vengeance ddr4 3200mh.

double check there isnt a stray stand of touching the motherboard. double check that the pwn and reset cables are properly seated. also replace the bios battery incase its a dead battery. make sure all connections are correctly seated.