[SOLVED] Parts appraisal; Suggested price for my old components ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 9, 2023
Hi, I've decided to upgrade my PC so I wanna sell my old components. Could you give me suggestions on the price I should ask for them?

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900f
Mobo: Asus Tuf Gaming B460-Plus
RAM: Kingston Fury 2 x 16GB Kit 3000Mhz
Cooler: SilentiumPC Navis RGB 240 AiO

I've been using them for 3 years, bought brand new.

Thank you for your response.

Lutfij

Titan
Where are you located(since prices can and will vary due to region)? How much did each component cost you?

IMHO, You could go about this in a couple of ways;
1| Price your parts the same as you'd see on Ebay or Craigslist
2| If the parts have warranty and you're able to provide a receipt for each part, then charge less than half or a third of what you bought them for.

Possibly charging less than what others are offering, to help get your item(s) sold sooner than later.

If space is a concern for you, as in you need to get rid of the parts soon, then you can contact your friends who might be in need of spare parts to troubleshoot or build another system. You could bundle the parts as part of a deal.

My 2 cents.

Jul 9, 2023
Where are you located(since prices can and will vary due to region)? How much did each component cost you?

IMHO, You could go about this in a couple of ways;
1| Price your parts the same as you'd see on Ebay or Craigslist
2| If the parts have warranty and you're able to provide a receipt for each part, then charge less than half or a third of what you bought them for.

Possibly charging less than what others are offering, to help get your item(s) sold sooner than later.

If space is a concern for you, as in you need to get rid of the parts soon, then you can contact your friends who might be in need of spare parts to troubleshoot or build another system. You could bundle the parts as part of a deal.

My 2 cents.
I'm located in the EU.
I paid for the:
CPU: USD 420
Mobo: USD 120
Cooler: USD 80
None of them have warranty anymore.
Thanks for the response.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Hmm, tricky. Rough equivalent in overall CPU performance is an i5-12400, which is pretty cheap.
Motherboard isn't high end, nor is the memory.

Used AIO coolers are not exactly sought after. A good chunk of the pump life has been used by you.

I would list them separately, going to do it in USD since that is easier.

10900 still command at least $200 on ebay. It is a decent upgrade choice for someone with an LGA1200 socket and an i3 or i5.

Motherboard I would list for $75

I would probably just keep the cooler. Maybe someone might pay $40. You can get new 240mm AIO for $45, cheap ones, but they are out there.

Memory is worth maybe $20-30.

Whenever I've sold old PC parts, I've sold CPU/motherboard/RAM as a bundle for about the sum total of typical sold prices for the parts individually, and they've always gone on the first auction and for above the starting bid.

I think you get a fair amount of buyers looking for more than one component and, from such a buyer's point of view, with a bundle they get all the parts together that they know will work, or will only have one point of contact/argument if they don't. They only have to win one auction, pay one lot of P&P (although I usually list that as free in mine and include it in the starting bid) and deal with one seller, so if it's about the same in total as buying them individually then it's more attractive. Second-hand economics are a bit different to new.

From my point of view, I only have to deal with one auction, one buyer, package and post one thing, and I sell all three items. If the bundle ever got no takers then I'd still have the option of selling them individually instead, whereas if I start out selling them individually and one goes, it's less attractive to sell two of those three as a bundle and I might take ages to sell the remainder.

Don't make the AIO part of the bundle: far fewer people will be interested in paying for that.

Reactions: JuanMaren
Jul 9, 2023
Hmm, tricky. Rough equivalent in overall CPU performance is an i5-12400, which is pretty cheap.
Motherboard isn't high end, nor is the memory.

Used AIO coolers are not exactly sought after. A good chunk of the pump life has been used by you.

I would list them separately, going to do it in USD since that is easier.

10900 still command at least $200 on ebay. It is a decent upgrade choice for someone with an LGA1200 socket and an i3 or i5.

Motherboard I would list for $75

I would probably just keep the cooler. Maybe someone might pay $40. You can get new 240mm AIO for $45, cheap ones, but they are out there.

Memory is worth maybe $20-30.
Thanks for the reply, I actually already found a buyer who offered to pay USD 350 for the whole bundle. So everything is sorted out. Thank you for your help and take care!

Status
Not open for further replies.