Question PC and fan turns on but no display

Feb 7, 2022
Hi there everyone I am posting this thread for urgent help so a quick help will be very appreciated.

My pc was just working normal before. One day like about a week ago a problem started to happen that was when I tried to turn on the pc no display was there but the fans and all were working just fine. My first step in this was to static discharge and a cmos reset as this happened before a static discharge and cmos reset solved the problem. But that day the static discharge didnt do anything. Then I searched the web the most common prob was a faulty monitor or cable. I checked that and both of them were fine. Then was reseating everything and cleaning the ram and so on. None of them worked. The whole day I spent in static discharging and reseting the cmos. Then finally the next day it finally turned on but when I entered the bios, made some changes and tries to save and reboot the same problem again happened. Anyway a few moments later after static discharging and reseting the cmos it came on and I went with the defaults. Next day in the morning when I turned it on the same problem started happening again. Then the same discharge and reset fixes and it took 1.5 days to turn back on this time I kept it on for three days as I had a project to do. Then everything was working fine I shut it down and turned it back on couple of times I also restarted it. Everything worked fine as usual. Again today after returning home the same problem and till now it is not fixed. So finally I opened an account in this forum and posted this thread and a quick solve will really help me.

Specs of pc:
Cpu- i5 3470
Ram- 8gb ddr3 1600mhz
Gpu- Intel Graphics 3000
Motherboard- GIGABYTE B75M-S
Ik these are poor specs dont judge me I am a student and my dad gave me this. So yeah

A quick help will be really appreciated

Thank you

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2022
btw I think that the cmos battery has drained cause I have a guitar tuner and it uses the same cr2032 batteries but the cmos battery in the pc does not turn on the tuner but if I insert a new cmos battery on the pc does not turn on. The same thing happens that I wrote in my first post

Feb 7, 2022
I'd say that PSU is bad news the model should be printed on the label/sticker on the actual PSU. Can you see that or post a photo of it?

Also, if avilable, can you try chekcing if the system works properly with another PSU?
Yup I think I have to buy a new psu. What would u recommend between corsair, gigabyte and silverstone??

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Yup I think I have to buy a new psu. What would u recommend between corsair, gigabyte and silverstone??

Any good-quality decent 450W PSU is more than enough for your setup unless you plan to add a graphics card and other components in future.

Corsair and Silverstone make good model, I'm not that certian about Gigabyte PSUs (who is the OEM etc.). Also depends on your budget and what is available where you live.