Question PC isn't booting into BIOS

May 8, 2024
I just built a new PC and when I power it on, it isn't booting into BIOS. I followed the thread here and have verified everything on the checklist. The power cords are all plugged in, all the fans are spinning, the graphics card is lighting up and spinning, everything seems good to go.

The only thing I can think of that might be causing issues is the SSD. For the SSD, I just took my old SSD out of my old PC and put it into the new one. Could that be causing the booting problem?

My SSD is running Windows 8.1, so my plan was to install it the new PC, then boot into BIOS and boot from a Windows 11 USB thumb drive I made and then erase the old SSD. I would have erased the SSD before, but I thought you couldn't install Windows 11 unless your CPU met the requirements. My old CPU didn't so I didn't think that I could erase the SSD and install Windows 11 while it was it in my old PC

May 8, 2024
Copy/pasting from another post: Remove MB & PSU from case. Use one stick RAM in A2 slot. Remove GPU, use CPU's iGPU via MB's HDMI port. Short MB's power switch pins to power-on.
What does it mean to short the MB's power switch pins?

May 7, 2024
If you're unsure about the SSD you can just remove it temporarily as it is not needed for POST. You also shouldn't need to short the power button pins if the power button is responsive; you have power, it just seems to not be booting. Like baboma said though, there could potentially be some shorting to the case causing all sorts of oddities.

As far as I know, that motherboard should be giving you blink codes via the power button LED if it fails to POST (though if it is in fact a shorting/power issue this would be unreliable). I would try removing all memory and ensuring that it does in fact fail to POST to verify there isn't an issue with the firmware, but in the event there is your motherboard does have a "BIOS FlashBack" capability.