Question PC screen goes black and GPU fans spin to max while gaming.

May 6, 2024
Sometimes while gaming, my PC black screens and my GPU fans spin to max speed. .
System Specifications:
CPU - R5 5600
GPU - Inno 3D RTX 2060 (I think its the gaming OC X2 version because the clocks show up as 1810 in HWMonitor)
Mobo- MSI B450M PRO VDH MAX
RAM - Adata XPG Gammix D30 8gb *2 sticks 3200mhz
PSU - ANT Esports FP550B 550W 80+ Bronze
Monitor - Acer Nitro VG240Y M3 23.8 Inch 180Hz. (using an HDMI cable tho so I am limited to HDMI 2.1 speeds)

Tried looking up the issue and some say that it might be my GPU. Ran furmark, MSI Kombustor and Cinebench R24 multiple times and the PC crashes after 7-12 minutes.
CPU temps are 85C (using the stock cooler)
GPU temps are 81C and 94C hotspot.
I was also suggested to do a DDU which I did and the issue still prevails.
I had a R3 3200G before this though. DDU'd that too.
This issue had occurred only a couple of times when I was using the 3200G.
Updated my BIOS to the latest version yesterday.
Downclocked the GPU and video memory by 300MHz and it ran for a bit more longer before crashing again.
Any further questions regarding my problem and suggestions are most welcome :)
Thank you!

Last edited:
Antec 550W 80+ Bronze

What is the exact model number ? Is it one of the "Cuprum Strike" PSU models ? https://www.antec.com/product/power/csk-550-bronze

If YES, then read my comment below. Else, ignore. But if you have some other Antec model, then we also need to exact model/SKU number.

The "Cuprum Strike" models lack quality build/power output, and these units also fall under the PSU Tier E/F category as well (not that we should give too much importance to any Tier list though).

But still, they must be avoided at all costs, at least on a gaming PC. Grab a high quality power supply. I'm almost certain the PSU might be the culprit here for these crashes, assuming it's one of the Cuprum Strike" units.

Also, from your description it also sounds like a power issue to me. Even though the CPU and GPU temp values are on a bit higher side, but still within safe margin values, the system shouldn't crash within 7-12 minutes of stress testing.

Sounds like a PSU issue. How OLD is the power supply and the RTX 2060 GPU ? Might be the Video card as well if there are some hardware issues with the GPU.

Reactions: Hyder118
May 6, 2024
What is the exact model number ? Is it one of the "Cuprum Strike" PSU models ? https://www.antec.com/product/power/csk-550-bronze

If YES, then read my comment below. Else, ignore. But if you have some other Antec model, then we also need to exact model/SKU number.

The "Cuprum Strike" models lack quality build/power output, and these units also fall under the PSU Tier E/F category as well (not that we should give too much importance to any Tier list though).

But still, they must be avoided at all costs, at least on a gaming PC. Grab a high quality power supply. I'm almost certain the PSU might be the culprit here for these crashes, assuming it's one of the Cuprum Strike" units.

Also, from your description it also sounds like a power issue to me. Even though the CPU and GPU temp values are on a bit higher side, but still within safe margin values, the system shouldn't crash within 7-12 minutes of stress testing.

Sounds like a PSU issue. How OLD is the power supply and the RTX 2060 GPU ? Might be the Video card as well if there are some hardware issues with the GPU.
My bad the PSU I have is an ANT Esports FP550B 550W 80+ Bronze which is 2 years and 9 months old. I accidentally got confused with the Antec NX130 case I have.

Last edited:
May 6, 2024

I got the GPU 2nd hand in the 2nd week of October 2023. I did all sorts of tests and it was working as expected. There is a sticker on the backplate of the GPU which says. 'warranty void if removed MAR 2020'
It did black screen and crash around 4 months ago. I haven't gamed on it much because I've been busy.

My bad the PSU I have is an ANT Esports FP550B 550W 80+ Bronze. I accidentally got confused with the Antec NX130 case I have.

No worries ! It happens, but now the culprit is even MORE 'crystal' clear. It is definitely your current power supply unit from ANT E-sports. This is a garbage poor quality power supply, and it's made by a local Indian brand.

AVOID like a plague. Period. ANT makes cheap and dodgy products. Fire hazard incidents have been reported as well on Reddit forums.

Reactions: Hyder118
May 6, 2024
No worries ! It happens, but now the culprit is even MORE 'crystal' clear. It is definitely your current power supply unit from ANT E-sports. This is a garbage poor quality power supply, and it's made a local Indian brand.

AVOID like a plague. Period. ANT makes cheap and dodgy products. Fire hazard incidents have been reported as well on Reditt forums.
Yes I heard about it a few months ago. Unfortunately this was the only one which was available when I built the 3200G pc. Thanks for your suggestions. I'll take it to the PC shop where I got the parts from and get it tested there. I don't know anyone else who owns a PC though. My GPU gets all the 160W it needs and that's what made me think that the PSU is fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Metal Messiah.
May 6, 2024
No worries ! It happens, but now the culprit is even MORE 'crystal' clear. It is definitely your current power supply unit from ANT E-sports. This is a garbage poor quality power supply, and it's made by a local Indian brand.

AVOID like a plague. Period. ANT makes cheap and dodgy products. Fire hazard incidents have been reported as well on Reddit forums.
I just bought a new PSU AND THE PROBLEM IS GONE!!!!
Ran MSI Kombustor for over 20 min and the PC never black screened! Back when I had the black screening problem, it used to crash within 7 minutes.

Cooler Master MWE 650 Bronze V2 Power Supply - Non-Modular | 80 Plus Bronze

Bought this one because it was tested by the PSU cultists network.
Although the ANT PSU is still in warranty, I won't be RMAing it. I'll dispose it off properly. I'll probably salvage its fan though xD

I'd like to thank COLGeek and you for your time, suggestions and help! Thanks a tonne!! Have a great day!

Last edited: