Apr 25, 2024
Hello, since 27th March ive been having internet problems. Before that everything was fine, my ping was stable and I was able to play all the games I wanted now im not able to play anything. My ping is spiking in CS2, Rocket League and many other games from 30 to 200ms or even more and its just not stopping. I tried pinging from cmd to discord.com or even game servers and the ping was stable, however I let the ping run on my second monitor as I was playing Rocket League and I was still having huge spikes in the game, although the cmd pings were stable around 30-35ms. So the problem is probably my graphics card. One of the guys here tried helping me with it by roll backing my graphics driver, but that did not work for long only for about an hour and than the spikes started again. I'm pretty sure by now that the problem could be graphics card. I just don't understand how am I able to play all the games I want and than out of nowhere the next day all the games are lagging. My GPU is Nvdia GTX 1660 which I think is not that old and slow. I've tried everything but nothing works. Even when I'm just calling with someone on discord my ping is spiking but cmd is showing normal ping times all the time so I don't understand. Need help thank you :(

Apr 25, 2024
call your ISP if problems are from the outside
are you using WiFi or LAN Ethernet cable?
check Windows integrity
restart windows
run userbenchmark.com and post the link of the result
Here are the benchmark results:
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/67800510

My ISP said that on their side everything is running great

I'm using LAN Ethernet cable. Although I have to say that I'm using satellite to connect to internet, but the position of him did not change. There were some big winds but I don't know if that could be the problem. My satellite is on top of our house roof so I'm unable to reach it.

Verification 100% complete.
Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

Tried resetting the whole windows but didn't help either :(

Video of how it looks in the games:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2wQ58jra9g

Last edited:
They really need to remove that bufferbloat site I almost think it is scam to make money on clicks or something.

Bufferbloat means data is being placed into buffers rather than dropping them when you are using 100% of your bandwidth.

If you are not using a 100% of your bandwidth no data is placed in buffers. The problem is the testing site will attempt to overload even a internet connection that is say 5gbit and then claim you have poor bufferbloat numbers.

The best solution to real bufferbloat is to buy more bandwidth.

Years ago when people were using slow DSL connection and could not upgrade some software QoS could stop bufferbloat. This though was purely a bandaid to the real problem of not enough bandwidth. You would then use sites that test bufferbloat to see if you configured the software correctly. Without software QoS running these sites will always tell you have bufferbloat.

Apr 25, 2024
They really need to remove that bufferbloat site I almost think it is scam to make money on clicks or something.

Bufferbloat means data is being placed into buffers rather than dropping them when you are using 100% of your bandwidth.

If you are not using a 100% of your bandwidth no data is placed in buffers. The problem is the testing site will attempt to overload even a internet connection that is say 5gbit and then claim you have poor bufferbloat numbers.

The best solution to real bufferbloat is to buy more bandwidth.

Years ago when people were using slow DSL connection and could not upgrade some software QoS could stop bufferbloat. This though was purely a bandaid to the real problem of not enough bandwidth. You would then use sites that test bufferbloat to see if you configured the software correctly. Without software QoS running these sites will always tell you have bufferbloat.
Okay understand, just is this supposed to be like this ? https://ibb.co/HpcmJ3F

Apr 25, 2024
firmware of the modem is up to date?
unplug power and replug after minute
The latest firmware driver on my router is from 2016 so I think that it is installed on there yes.
Also tried everything turning off and on and still nothing. I just don't understand how can this happen out of nowhere. For the last 4 years I had this router everything was running perfect and all of a sudden I'm unable to play any game :( .

lantis3

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2015
For Discord chatting, you should ping the discord chat server you connected to, not discord.com

You also should ping the game server, not using test result from Fast.com, because they will be on different routes.
Use Network Traffic View or CurrPorts to find possible game server ip address according to traffic stats.

Last edited:
Reactions: kristof_rusin
Okay understand, just is this supposed to be like this ? https://ibb.co/HpcmJ3F
Yes. It will do that even on the very fastest connection. When the connection goes to 100% the router has 2 options. It can throw away all traffic over the limit and you get loss. Or It can allow you to exceed the limit for a very short time by putting data in a buffer and hopes to send the data a bit later. Only online games would rather have the traffic dropped.

You can do very little about this anyway it is the ISP router doing this. It is designed this way because it makes most other application run better.

Again it all doesn't matter as long as you do not go to 100%

Reactions: kristof_rusin
Apr 25, 2024
Yes. It will do that even on the very fastest connection. When the connection goes to 100% the router has 2 options. It can throw away all traffic over the limit and you get loss. Or It can allow you to exceed the limit for a very short time by putting data in a buffer and hopes to send the data a bit later. Only online games would rather have the traffic dropped.

You can do very little about this anyway it is the ISP router doing this. It is designed this way because it makes most other application run better.

Again it all doesn't matter as long as you do not go to 100%
Okay, than you for helping me understand :)
For Discord chatting, you should ping the discord chat server you connected to, not discord.com

You also should ping the game server, not using test result from Fast.com, because they will be on different routes.
Use Network Traffic View to find possible game server ip according. traffic stats.
https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/network_traffic_view.html
Thank you, will report you back later in the evening when I'll play

Apr 25, 2024

Use Network Traffic View or CurrPorts to find possible game server ip address according to traffic stats.

Okay so, through this application I was able to find all the game servers I was connected while playing and interestingly this is was the result.
I found the IP Address I was playing on and let on the CMD run the ping while playing and watching from the second monitor and as you can see the results were good (just one small spike but other than that everything is normal) - https://ibb.co/Rh26PCm
However, this is how it looked in the game at the same time that this picture from CMD is taken -
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7jBJa2RU_k
- huge ping with lot of lagging :(

So I don't know if its hardware issue or internet issue after this test.

lantis3

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2015
The ping time looks pretty good from command line as you tested.

So don't know what else you can do.

47kEesb.png

Apr 25, 2024
:( I give up at this point probably.

I give up probably :(, if something happens and it fixes itself I'll be more than happy.
Anyone that knows solution to this problem please let me know, today I tried to play but it is still horrible, on CMD I have 5 ping while playing CS and its unplayable in the game. Spiking from 50 ping to 500 and it's just horrible. Still don't know weather it is hardware problem or internet problem.