Question Plagued by the BSOD ?

May 7, 2024
I, was playing a video game when suddenly my PC crashed, after a few crashes i saw that the BSOD would say WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR. After a few crashes later, i was STUMPED, i had no idea what was going on, so i spent $130 for a computer store to look at it, said he reverted some video graphics drivers and said it was good. I took the PC home tried to play some games and boom it happened again! This time was worse, when it crashed, and restarted, it sent me straight to my BIOS screen where my M.2 was not being recognized. Took it back to the guy, and it booted right back up! I was flabbergasted to say the least!

Took it home, booted it up, and it crashed again, not showing my boot drive NVME M.2. So I then switched the NVME M.2 to the other M.2 Slot on my motherboard where it worked for quite some time, until it crashed, no BSOD though, just a black screen, I rebooted and it loaded windows right up to where i am making this post! I have done hours of research of claims that obviously a hardware is at fault, I've heard replacing the CMOS might be a possible fix, but i am wary as the CMOS has to do with the BIOS and not the M.2 Storage device, correct?

I have also speculated that maybe the M.2 is at fault, but it seems to run okay, i've done a ckdsk test thing and it said it was healthy, i checked the C: properties tools thing and it also said it was healthy. Also, i have been trying to aquire some dump files but my Event Viewer is throwing an Event ID: 161 "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation." Source: volmgr
Could this be a faulty M.2 or a faulty Motherboard?

My system specs are:
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
CPU cooler: EVGA Closed Liquid Cooling
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570 ELITE
Ram: 2 x 8gb G.Skill Tridents
SSD/HDD: Inland Performance 1 Tb NVMe M.2
GPU: EVGA Geforce RTX 2070 Super
PSU: Corsair (Forgot the wattage, it was more than necessay though)
Chassis: NZXT
Monitor: Acer VG-217u pbiimx

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

The only thing that's changed between the store where they fixed it and your crib is your power source/wall outlet. Do you feel a mild tingling sensation when you touch the metal part of your case while your feet make contact with a tiled(non-wooden, non-carpeted) floor? If so, you have a grounding issue and that grounding is aided every time you put your hand to make contact with your parts inside the case.

May 7, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

The only thing that's changed between the store where they fixed it and your crib is your power source/wall outlet. Do you feel a mild tingling sensation when you touch the metal part of your case while your feet make contact with a tiled(non-wooden, non-carpeted) floor? If so, you have a grounding issue and that grounding is aided every time you put your hand to make contact with your parts inside the case.
Hm, It doesn't seem to only happen when it has been moved. It has crashed and shown no M.2 numerous times while untouched. No tingling feeling either. After swapping it to the other M.2 Slot, its only crashed once with just a black screen after maybe 35 mins of gaming. Also, thank you! although i have always been lingering about the forums for years! haha

May 7, 2024
I launched a game thinking I might be able to figure out another clue as to what is going on, but after swapping M.2 slots after crashing into a black screen and upon restart it hasn't sent me back to the BIOS with a missing boot drive.
EDIT: I tried updating video cards bc the store rolled back the video card driver, but when updating via geforce experience I actually got the BSOD but was able to boot windows.

Last edited: