Question Please Help with Adobe Creative Cloud "Terms of Use"

michaelm101

Honorable
Feb 5, 2018
I have a subscription to Adobe CC and will be using it for designing/altering highly confidential, proprietary items.

I'm concerned because I got BURNED badly back in the '80s.

I just received the following message while logging in:

"Updated Terms of Use
We've made some changes to the Adobe General Terms of Use regarding the use of Software and Services, including:

Clarified that we may access your content through both automated and manual methods, such as for content review (Sections 2.2 and 4.1)......"

Please explain and advise.

Thanks very much for your continued help and support!

CParsons

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 4, 2019
We've made some changes to the Adobe General Terms of Use regarding the use of Software and Services, including:
Reading the full terms explains it.. as they suggest 2.2 and 4.1..

https://www.adobe.com/legal/terms.html#content

2.2 Our Access to Your Content. We may access, view, or listen to your Content (defined in section 4.1 (Content) below) through both automated and manual methods, but only in limited ways, and only as permitted by law. For example, in order to provide the Services and Software, we may need to access, view, or listen to your Content to (A) respond to Feedback or support requests; (B) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, legal, or technical issues; and (C) enforce the Terms, as further set forth in Section 4.1 below. Our automated systems may analyze your Content and Creative Cloud Customer Fonts (defined in section 3.10 (Creative Cloud Customer Fonts) below) using techniques such as machine learning in order to improve our Services and Software and the user experience. Information on how Adobe uses machine learning can be found here: http://www.adobe.com/go/machine_learning.
4.1 Content.Content” means any text, information, communication, or material, such as audio files, video files, electronic documents, or images, that you upload, import into, embed for use by, or create using the Services and Software. We reserve the right (but do not have the obligation) to remove Content or restrict access to Content, Services, and Software if any of your Content is found to be in violation of the Terms. We do not review all Content uploaded to the Services and Software, but we may use available technologies, vendors, or processes, including manual review, to screen for certain types of illegal content (for example, child sexual abuse material) or other abusive content or behavior (for example, patterns of activity that indicate spam or phishing, or keywords that indicate adult content has been posted outside of the adult wall). You may learn more about our content moderation policies and practices, including how we moderate content, at our Transparency Center.