Discussion Please recommend a good brand of DDR5 RAM

classic35mm

Distinguished
May 28, 2015
I'm considering upgrading the RAM on two desktop tower Windows 11 computers -- from 2 x 8 GB (16 GB total) to 2 x 16 GB (32 GB total).

• The first computer has DDR5-4400MHz (UDIMM) RAM. The processor is Intel Core i7-13700.
  • The second computer has DDR5-4800MHz (UDIMM) RAM. The processor is Intel Core i7-12700.

Could you please recommend a good brand of these types of RAM?

Your problem is the brand on the outside of the memory stick is not the important thing. The chips on the sticks all come from a handful of manufactures. Even then it is a extremely complex to figure out at the submodels of chips being used.

The best way to know which memory will work with your machine it to go to the motherboard manufacture site and look for what is called a QVL list.
These are memory configurations they have actually tested. That does not mean other memory kits will not work it just means they were not tested and when you get a older board they do not many times test the newer memory
A very popular ddr5 memory speed is 6000. It tends to be the best value for the money.

35below0

Prominent
Jan 3, 2024
I'm considering upgrading the RAM on two desktop tower Windows 11 computers -- from 2 x 8 GB (16 GB total) to 2 x 16 GB (32 GB total).

• The first computer has DDR5-4400MHz (UDIMM) RAM. The processor is Intel Core i7-13700.
  • The second computer has DDR5-4800MHz (UDIMM) RAM. The processor is Intel Core i7-12700.

Could you please recommend a good brand of these types of RAM?
What are the motherboards of those two computers? Motherboards set limits to RAM speed and overclocking.

classic35mm

Distinguished
May 28, 2015
Your problem is the brand on the outside of the memory stick is not the important thing. The chips on the sticks all come from a handful of manufactures. Even then it is a extremely complex to figure out at the submodels of chips being used.

The best way to know which memory will work with your machine it to go to the motherboard manufacture site and look for what is called a QVL list.
These are memory configurations they have actually tested. That does not mean other memory kits will not work it just means they were not tested and when you get a older board they do not many times test the newer memory
A very popular ddr5 memory speed is 6000. It tends to be the best value for the money.
I never heard of a QVL list -- thank you for educating me! I appreciate it.

TRENDING THREADS