Oct 29, 2023
I hope this is the correct forum.
My partner and I are going to be working in Europe next summer and trying to figure out how to get a wifi connection (2 laptops for work, 2 phones, and an iPad for play).

We will need a stable, high-speed internet connection. Probably 1gb per day for work plus phone use and streaming when not working so this could add up quickly, though I realize we probably can't keep our same TV-streaming habits in this situation.

A lot of devices I come across talk about battery life and "fits in your pocket". This isn't about needing our phones connected for IG and emailing. Basically, I need my regular home internet for 30 days in Europe.
Best options here? and Thank you!

So why not a phone who only purpose is to act as a hotspot for everything else.

You can very large battery packs if you do can not plug into electrical power.

They make so called travel routers but it really isn't that much different than a phone other than it would provide ethernet ports.

The tricky part to figure out is finding a provider that has coverage where you need and offers a short term plan.

Reactions: artk2219
Oct 29, 2023
Any suggestions for travel routers and where to get data plans? Do mobile hotspots / devices always use SIM cards and does that matter? Using a sim card to connect just makes me think of cell phone data and those speeds, I assume, aren't as fast as my home internet?

Reactions: artk2219