Question Power supply is not On when I press the Power Button

Aug 15, 2023
I've been facing an issue with my Dell OptiPlex CPU for the past few days, and I'm in need of some expert guidance to find a permanent solution.

The problem I'm encountering is that my Dell OptiPlex CPU is not turning on. When I press the power button, the light on the button blinks rapidly, but the system fails to boot. Interestingly, I've noticed that when I press the Power Supply Diagnose button ( near to power cable port ) and the CPU Power button simultaneously, the system does turn on. However, having to go through this process repeatedly has become quite tiresome.

I am reaching out to this community in the hopes of finding a definitive and permanent solution to this issue. It's clear that the power supply and CPU are functional, but the standard power button press isn't yielding the expected results.

If anyone has encountered a similar problem or has any insight into what might be causing this issue, I would greatly appreciate your assistance.

A couple of suggestions.
Ask at Dell Community Forums. Dell technictions moderate there.
Look in the online manual for that sytem. Blinking light on a Dell are usually trouble codes. There should also be a 4 LED diagnostic display somewhere that can be very specific.
Try looking in the BIOS for Errror Log. SYSLOG or some such. Some errors don't reset even if the problem has been fixed and require a manual reset.