Question RAM damaged again.. what is causing it ?

ragez0r

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2012
Hello my name is christopher a french canadian that moved to the philippines it is no secret that philippines has static issues and their power lines so to counter that i've been using a ups for the past 3 months however today my computer started crying and telling me that the ram is damaged again could it be a broken motherboard for a crappy psu ???. Running memtest now....4th pass...

Last time my PC **** [Moderator edit to to remove gender offensive reference.] **** bad ram, It was using a faulty avr (automatic voltage regulator...) but recently I plugged my tower straight to a Chinese dc to ac inverter.. I hope that didn't pump a surge into my PC.. I thought inverters were safe... no biggie, I ordered 16gb.. it should arrive within 5-7 days..., I just want to know what is causing this to not repeat itself...

The PSU is a Filipinoe brand name YGT 750
Apu is amd 7680... Mobo.. no idea tbh.. current ram is brandless.
But I ordered Kingston to replace the 2 dimms I've got

Last edited by a moderator:

kira-faye

Upstanding
Oct 11, 2023
If you have dirty power coming in the best PSU in the world won't save you. Look in to a line conditioner or high quality UPS. (You do also need a better quality PSU, but if the power at the wall is an issue, that's not enough on its own.)

ragez0r

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2012
If you have dirty power coming in the best PSU in the world won't save you. Look in to a line conditioner or high quality UPS. (You do also need a better quality PSU, but if the power at the wall is an issue, that's not enough on its own.)
oh.. did not know.. i thought any static in the power would stop inside any battery inside the ups.....and additionally.. the ups has an avr.. im assuming you kow what that is already

ragez0r

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2012
small update.. i ran memtest.. the last one that sais experimental.. had 1 error 14 after 1 pass... and just played light ram games since.. then.. i tried fallout 4 as one does.. ZERO problems... then i tried my favourite mmo.. eve online.. no problems.. the BSOD are gone.. dunno what happened but i think the ram is fine.. i received the kingston ram but i wont put them in until i receive my antec psu...